• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny Utah

Jul 23, 2008
    Hello,

I bought a handgun on January 22, 2013 - because of the backlog I have not received the "not disapproved" paperwork back yet.

I know that you have to wait 30 days between regulated "purchases". My question is the wait between purchases begin when you submit your paperwork or when the paperwork is returned "not disapproved".

Thanks in advance.

Shutterbug

Have camera, will travel!
    Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    its the day you take possession. Thats when your 30 days starts.

I'm not trying to be a smartass, but can you cite a source? I remember filling out paperwork and the question asked if I had purchased within 30 days. Then I paid money and got a receipt. I don't recall the form specifying possession over purchasing. I can't seem to find the specific form Maryland uses that stated the 30 day purchase, but I did find these:

MDgunsafety says:
    How many firearms can I purchase at one time?
    A person may not purchase more than one regulated firearm in a 30-day period, except for the following reasons:
    (1) The purchase of the regulated firearms is for a private collection or a collector series (Designated Collector by the Maryland State Police);
    (2) Dealer Sale (No more that two guns and must wait 60 days before next purchase);
    (3) The purchase of the regulated firearms is a bulk purchase from an estate sale;
    (4) Similar purpose.

MD's Office of Sec of State says:
    (5) Limits the purchase of regulated firearms, with exceptions, to one in a 30-day period;

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I've been saying this for how long?

Possession and purchase are NOT the same thing, nor is a transfer.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Here's what gets me about all these 30 day clarity threads and posts, why would a person not just get their designated collector, it's free for gods sake and most banks will notorize it for their customers for free. This route would put an end to all worries about home many days, when can I fill out more paperwork ect. ect.
    The most it's gonna cost is .001 for a sheet of paper, .02 for ink to print .01 for electricity to run printer/computer, .46 for first class stamp, all said you'll have about $1 in it.

eagle-eye78

Aug 30, 2012
    Frederick MD
    Here's what gets me about all these 30 day clarity threads and posts, why would a person not just get their designated collector, it's free for gods sake and most banks will notorize it for their customers for free. This route would put an end to all worries about home many days, when can I fill out more paperwork ect. ect.
    The most it's gonna cost is .001 for a sheet of paper, .02 for ink to print .01 for electricity to run printer/computer, .46 for first class stamp, all said you'll have about $1 in it.

:lol:
    What he said.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Yep again ... its hardly worth the breath it takes to ask the question, or the inconvenience to the electrons & monopoles

If you are at all concerned, apply for the DC status and forget it until you fill out the form for you next purchase ... are you a DC? YES

Buff: are you stealing envelopes from work again? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom