• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    When I was a boy my Dad bought an antique cider press at auction and rebuilt it. We used that press for home made cider, both soft and hard, for many years until my parents moved to AZ. I have many times thought of that press and came across a modern clone of it that can be made from parts that are available.

So if you have apple trees and would like to make cider this is one way to do it.

Link to YouTube build video:

Link to the parts supplier, the one my Dad rebuilt looked very much like the American Harvester model (they also sell individual parts):

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I would love to do this if I ever had a good source of apples

One set of kids went to larriland farms in woodbine last weekend and came home with 15# of apples. The others went to Baughets in Westminster and brought home 13#.

Apple butter, pies and cobblers were made.

I grew up in Westminster and seem to recall baughers would press apples into cider…but that was a LONG time ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    They usually have a press like this set up at Rough and Tumble Engineering Historical Association shows and there is a show this weekend it is in Lancaster County PA.

2023 "A Time of Harvest" Schedule
    Friday and Saturday
    October 13-14, 2023

Link to web page (scroll down for a picture of a cider press like that being powered by a tractor PTO):

Link to photos and videos page:

Link to directions:

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    They usually have a press like this set up at Rough and Tumble Engineering Historical Association shows and there is a show this weekend it is in Lancaster County PA.

2023 "A Time of Harvest" Schedule
    Friday and Saturday
    October 13-14, 2023

Link to web page (scroll down for a picture of a cider press like that being powered by a tractor PTO):

Link to photos and videos page:

Link to directions:
    The best cider I've ever tried is in my ancestral home, Basque country. Buy a bottle online if you've ever appreciated cider. Many makers get excellent notes from blue cheese to tangy fruit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom