Votes: 7 41.2%
    • TA31RCO-M150 ARMY model for 1012.00

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    So for my Christmas gift I am finally after years of wanting and waiting getting an ACOG.(This isnt the replacement for the Eotech in the other thread, this is a different rifle) This gift is party from myself, my girlfriend is pitching in and she might be getting some others to as well. Im looking at ACOG's. Sadly ebay has the cheapest prices. They are real, and have a return policy. Heres my issue... there are 2 different models. They are:

TA31RCO-M4 USMC model 1259.95 shipped
    TA31RCO-M150 ARMY model 1012.00 shipped

I kinda feel like I know the answer but its hard, especially with this kind of money on the line.

I talked to Trijicon this morning. The lady told me they are both EXACTLY the same scopes. The only difference is the Army model comes with lens covers. The adjustments are the same, the knobs should be the same, the parallax is set at 100 yards for both, the reticles are the same. One is marke M150 and the other is M4. I saw in a youtube video that the Marine model has a EGA one of the pages in the manual, but thats really it.

The Army model is cheaper because it was returned due to a crack in one of the lens caps. In the pic it doesnt look bad and honestly, I dont care for the lens caps anyway.

I have Marine Corp history in my family. I had a short time in before getting hurt. Just long enough to get my clearance through them. The Marine model was the one I originally wanted. The difference is 247.50, is it really worth it for pretty much the same thing? I know Ill like the Army model if I got it, but I wonder if it would bother me down the road for not getting what I originally wanted? Again, nothing against the Army just bc of USMC history in my family. Like I said I wasnt in long, but if it wasnt for them I wouldnt have got my clearance, I wouldnt have had my last job, or the one Im processing for now. So it does have meaning to me. Then again, its the same damn thing, who cares what it says. I dont believe Army or USMC is anywhere on either of these, except for the EGA in the manual.

What do you all think?

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Buy the one that makes you the most happy. Like my buddy once told me, "If you don't treat yourself to nice things, who will?" One day I will buy a 4x ACOG, maybe even the FDE model. I suppose I can live with the TA33 for now. :rolleyes:

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Buy the one that makes you the most happy. Like my buddy once told me, "If you don't treat yourself to nice things, who will?" One day I will buy a 4x ACOG, maybe even the FDE model. I suppose I can live with the TA33 for now. :rolleyes:

Thats the thing. I dont know if the USMC model will make me happeir than the Army model would. They are both the same scope as far as function goes.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    You pretty much have it figured out. The model name is just so they know which one has lens covers and which one doesn't. Same scope in the middle. Get the Army version and use the extra $ to get USMC etched on the side if you want. :D

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TA31RCO-M4CP

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TA31RCO-M150CP

Make sure you use PayPal when paying to get buyer protection on ebay. Any problems and they'll take care of you. Just check the scope really good once you receive it.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Went with the m150. Hopefully he ships today.

I looked at some of the others but what i truely wanted was the ta31rco.

A larue mount will be in the future. I like my larue aimpoint mount alot. Then i can still shoot irons from time to time. Hokie, you should post pics. :D

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV

A larue mount will be in the future. I like my larue aimpoint mount alot. Then i can still shoot irons from time to time. Hokie, you should post pics. :D

i voted for the m4...why didnt you buy that one??? lol.

only reason i voted for the m4 is because i know your a marine fanboy (lol)

really though you made the right call saving a bit of money there.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010

Great price on it too, my TA33 was $949 on a end of year sale. And the LT mount I have is much nicer than the TA60 mount that came with mine. Sits slightly lower as well.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    i voted for the m4...why didnt you buy that one??? lol.

only reason i voted for the m4 is because i know your a marine fanboy (lol)

really though you made the right call saving a bit of money there.

Lol something told me you would vote for whatever I didnt get hahaa. Theres no denying it...save 250 bux on the same optic. Whats funny is on trijicons site, the m150 is more expensive, cause of the flip caps i assume. Ill take them off and it will be an M4 model lol.

I think this is definately replacing the PRO on my million dollar 14.5 middy. It was going to be for the 16" I picked up recently but such a nice optic, may as well go on the high dollar rifle.

Great price on it too, my TA33 was $949 on a end of year sale. And the LT mount I have is much nicer than the TA60 mount that came with mine. Sits slightly lower as well.

Ive been eyeing up the mounts already. I dont know which one Id get. I was thinking the 681 bc it places the optic further back to allow for longer stocks. Either rifle this ends up on have an acs or emod stock. I guess Ill have to get it, play with it, and decide what I want.

Of course that will be down the road, gotta get the money first lol. Ill probably wait and order the rails for the 16" mid at the same time as well.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Ive been eyeing up the mounts already. I dont know which one Id get. I was thinking the 681 bc it places the optic further back to allow for longer stocks. Either rifle this ends up on have an acs or emod stock. I guess Ill have to get it, play with it, and decide what I want.

Of course that will be down the road, gotta get the money first lol. Ill probably wait and order the rails for the 16" mid at the same time as well.

Should work work well if you are using a longer stock. My ACOG fits the mini LT105 mount so it's nice and compact.

HokieCasey

Aug 7, 2010
    St Mary's

For what its worth i posted a pic in the general ar15 pic thread

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Getting rid of a PRO are you???

I may be able to help 'dispose' of that... :innocent0

Lol nah the pro is going on another rifle. Originally the acog was supposed to be for the new one, 16" mid. I was thinking though...my 14.5 mid is a bfh model, its the rifle i went all out on, its got nib bcg trigger blah blah. Why not put my best optic on my best rifle?? Plus the acog is technically calibrated forthe 14.5 barrel so why not use it on one. Now i just need to decide do i put the pro on the m4 or put the eotech back on it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Damn.., the PRO would've went very nicely on my 300BLK..., guess I'll have to keep looking then. :)

HokieCasey

Aug 7, 2010
    St Mary's
    Just checked it out. Curios why you choose to put the flip up in front of the scope? Beautiful dog too

Mostly cause I like the acog in that position and given its ruggedness/reliability, it was either no buis, have a carry handle to swap onto it, or mount that Troy DOA there. So I picked acog placement, then buis since I had the sight on hand. Sight pictures isn't optimal for the BUIS but then again it is a BUIS, and will be sufficient for what I want the buis to be capable of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom