• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    There are plenty here that will vote for him because he has an R after his name and is the lesser of two evils. :sad20:

He's just trying to be a little less evil with this veto.

We're better off with Clinton in the executive branch and then doing what we can to make sure the Senate and House go our way. That way we don't have a devil like Christie pissing down our necks and calling it rain with the full aid and compliance of his party loyalists in Congress who will follow him off the cliff when he tries to be more moderate on the gun issue.

Say it with me: Gridlock is good for gun owners.

JADCecil

May 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    There are plenty here that will vote for him because he has an R after his name and is the lesser of two evils. :sad20:

We're better off with Clinton in the executive branch and then doing what we can to make sure the Senate and House go our way. That way we don't have a devil like Christie pissing down our necks and calling it rain with the full aid and compliance of his party loyalists in Congress who will follow him off the cliff when he tries to be more moderate on the gun issue.

Excellent point. I was thinking lesser of two evils, but money into congressional campaigns will better serve us.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Gridlock is good for everyone. Funny how the Country does better when the government gets nothing done.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Gridlock is good for everyone. Funny how the Country does better when the government gets nothing done.

:thumbsup:

Let them expend their energy fighting one another so that they leave me alone.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Congress has spent centuries creating new laws. The only productive thing they can do other than not creating any new ones is to start repealing the unnecessary ones that were created in the first place.

Sent from my smartphone using Tappatalk 2.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Look, call it what you will but he at least put the brakes on bills that would have been signed in a second by any other NJ governor.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia

Say it with me: Gridlock is good for gun owners everyone.

I've been saying for years that Congress should have 10,000 members. They'd never get anything done.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Politicians are A-hole and they lie to us every day. If I were dealing with such a critter I would lie as well.

To get a pol to do what you want you need to suggest that you may support him, even if you never will. When they say "I support the 2a" you can say " Like hell you do I will cut of my arms before I vote for you!" or you can say " Well if that's true and backed by deeds, then I may yet support you"

When you answer a lie with the bold truth you end your influence, when you lie back you extend it. In any case you can say what ever you want in private and you owe them nothing.

Just food for thought. :)

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008

Bingo!

If (as chad put it) Jabba the Chrisite is the nominee, I will not vote (well at least for president).

Any idiot that doesn't see this tool as another progressive politician deserves everything that we get as a country.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Bingo!

If (as chad put it) Jabba the Chrisite is the nominee, I will not vote (well at least for president).

Any idiot that doesn't see this tool as another progressive politician deserves everything that we get as a country.

There will be other people to vote for as long as you don't fall into the binary choice trap.

We're going to have damned few good choices next time because many of the presumptive front runners are pro-amnesty which is a deal-breaker for me.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Look, call it what you will but he at least put the brakes on bills that would have been signed in a second by any other NJ governor.
    I will call it what it is...a mere move to make him the progressive nominee of the party by pandering just enough for the base. This guy might as well be the worst blue hen between himself and uncle joe (at least uncle joe is honest about his ignorance and his politics by rightfully wearing them in full view on his sleeve).

No Christie no way no how. Enough progressives. I refuse to call them RINOs beacuse they are the party and not for the people.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    There will be other people to vote for as long as you don't fall into the binary choice trap.

We're going to have damned few good choices next time because many of the presumptive front runners are pro-amnesty which is a deal-breaker for me.
    Oh I agree but I'm not delusional to think a third party candidate will win. In fact I wouldn't put it past the Dems to help finance a third party candidate after hello g us nominate a progressive R.

There are very few in the R party that understand things right now (and I hope they can sort out which one of them wants the nomination because they should accept a deal between themselves to keep the infighting to a min).

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

That was my hope for the 2012 election. Didn't work then, and probably won't work next time.

If the Republicans can't field a candidate that can win on his own, they will go down in flames again.

The days of the smoke-filled room was seemingly a better way to get nominees who hadn't the chance to have their own side do the heavy lifting, beating each other to a pulp in a long primary campaign.

xref

May 9, 2013
    He's just moving to the right in preparation for running for POTUS. He knows he'll never win a primary without some serious rightward gestures.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    NJ has low gas prices and creates jobs with gas pumping. Hard to argue with that.

Actually its rather easy to argue with that

The difference in gas prices between Md and NJ is almost entirely a result of the fact that Md's gas tax is almost 2.5 times what the gas tax is in NJ

The rest of it is accounted by the fact that transportation costs from refinery to pump is lower because NJ has a bunch of refineries.

Fuel prices would be even CHEAPER if gooberment didn't have some stupid rule that prohibited citizens from pumping their own fuel and basically forcing them to use "Full Service" pumps which necessarily cost more to operate.

So much for Free Market principles eh?

It is interesting to see Christie trying to be a little pro-2a, and focusing on crime. Interesting.

I think you're confusing a little pragmatic behavior with being Pro 2A.

Christie is anti 2a through and through and his record on the subject show it

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I have no illusions about Christie but I would take him over Obama any day of the week. Apparently some think they're getting a point across by not voting. Just plays right into the Dems hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom