Chris's Charcoal Pit coming to Edgewater!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Chris's Charcoal Pit
    Currently on West Street but opening a location where the old China Buffet was, Kmart/Halloween costume shopping center. The best Greek food in Annapolis! I worked next to them back when car stereo a thing, 90's. No date yet but hearing this I may go talk to my old friends to find out more.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Been in Annapolis twice and wanted to go to Chris's, but was closed for renovation.

They back open yet?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Been in Annapolis twice and wanted to go to Chris's, but was closed for renovation.

They back open yet?
    They had a fire a while back, which is what I think prompted the move. They'll also get county tax rates rather than city.

Edgewater will probably treat them right as a location given the astonishing over development down there.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    They also got nailed by the last tornado. I don't know if they reopened after that.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    The original location was considered uninhabitable due to the flood waters that affected the structure. Several buildings in the area got the same treatment. This is great news. ironpony, let us know if you learn more. We could have a get-together.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Oh I didn't realize they were completely out of Annapolis never to return that's a shame : (

When I used to work on Chinquapin in 2001 we used to love going up there and I would have them make me a gyro meat sub which was perfection.

I also recall having a job interview there some years later, It set the good informal tone for the company : )

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    But will they have a liquor license and sell Mythos all year?

BTW~I can't find Mythos in any regular beer stores. It's as if they hoard it for festivals.
    I have a case in my basement. An extra from a festival near me. :D

Try Primo Foods in Baltimore. They had it last time I was there.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Chris's Charcoal Pit
    Currently on West Street but opening a location where the old China Buffet was, Kmart/Halloween costume shopping center. The best Greek food in Annapolis! I worked next to them back when car stereo a thing, 90's. No date yet but hearing this I may go talk to my old friends to find out more.
    Like 2 or 3 doors over from Weis?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The original location was considered uninhabitable due to the flood waters that affected the structure. Several buildings in the area got the same treatment. This is great news. ironpony, let us know if you learn more. We could have a get-together.
    It wasn't a flood, it was as a result of the tornado that moved up through Edgewater north through Annapolis in August, 2021. The building was totalled, and has been closed since then.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Ate there weekly.
    Greek Sampler - some of the best food I have ever had
    88980128_10221855102835435_3882754201993871360_n.jpeg

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    It wasn't a flood, it was as a result of the tornado that moved up through Edgewater north through Annapolis in August, 2021. The building was totalled, and has been closed since then.
    I stand corrected. My memory left me years ago. Man, that was bad. I only saw it boarded up with a sign on it.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    The name doesn’t convey that it’s Greek food. At least not to me. But I’m always on the hunt for some good Greek food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom