• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heysox

Aug 11, 2018
    A recently deceased friend had a Chinese SKS (spike bayonet under folder) that had very few rounds through it. I'd like his widow to get a fair price for it to help her out moving ahead. I''m not sure what a fair price is these days for that rifle. Any thoughts would be appreciated. TIA.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    A recently deceased friend had a Chinese SKS (spike bayonet under folder) that had very few rounds through it. I'd like his widow to get a fair price for it to help her out moving ahead. I''m not sure what a fair price is these days for that rifle. Any thoughts would be appreciated. TIA.
    Best bet is to put it up for consignment at your favorite FFL. (Downside- it may hang on the wall for 6 months.)

Option 2: bring it down to Chantilly Gun Show (12/29 to 12/31) and walk around with a "For Sale" sign. It's one place where you could show it to 6-10 dealers in 30 minutes and sell to the highest bidder, and walk out with cash.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Condition is going to matter but anywhere from $400 up

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Its Chinese military or Norinco?
    Condition of stock and metal determine. SCSG on consignment and ask him to price to sell.
    He may have one or two in his shop to compare and then price it.

Fate

Mar 18, 2012
    I haven’t seen a Chinese SKS for under $500 in several years. Even the rough imports from the Balkans last year were $500 and up.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Its Chinese military or Norinco?
    Condition of stock and metal determine. SCSG on consignment and ask him to price to sell.
    He may have one or two in his shop to compare and then price it.
    What % do consignment shops command these days?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Variable.

If practical, bring it to the Timonium gun show this weekend.
    I'm just curious about consignment commissions, not selling. 10%? 1/3? 50%? But it would be hard to negotiate from a starting position of "variable."

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I bought a Norinco sks paratrooper with a 16” barrel. Thought it was cool because it was shorter. I’ve only shot it twice in 20 years. Probably not even 100 rounds through it. I’d let mine go if the price was right. Never sold any guns, but might be time to start thinning the herd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom