8F717832-F2E6-4270-BADC-5AB226D75DAE.jpg
      66.5 KB · Views: 322

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    [Kev308];5877675 said:
    Chick fila has the best nuggets and sauces, but I`ll take Wendy's chicken sandwich over Filas's everytime.

[Kev308];5880734 said:
    Wendy`s bacon jalepeno chicken sandwich is the best thing ever created. Chick fila is just a boring chicken sandwich with good service. Fries are gross too, but so are Wendy`s.

[Kev308];5877663 said:
    I want a Wendy`s. Greatest fast food joint out there. New breakfast menu is A+

I gotta say....I have had a change of heart on Wendy's. Either it's the chicken shortage or "food-flation" but their chicken sandwiches are now sliced into 1/3's (the breasts).

The last 5 sandwiches I've gotten from 3 different stores have been a 1/4" thick at its meatiest. Crazy.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    [Kev308];6411460 said:
    I gotta say....I have had a change of heart on Wendy's. Either it's the chicken shortage or "food-flation" but their chicken sandwiches are now sliced into 1/3's (the breasts).

The last 5 sandwiches I've gotten from 3 different stores have been a 1/4" thick at its meatiest. Crazy.

I got a spicy chicken sandwich the other day and I swear it didn’t taste nearly as good as previous ones. It was bad. Not like it was spoiled but just not good like before. I’ll give them another chance. We’ll see.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    dang

I got a spicy chicken sandwich the other day and I swear it didn’t taste nearly as good as previous ones. It was bad. Not like it was spoiled but just not good like before. I’ll give them another chance. We’ll see.

thought I was the only one who noticed that.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Their bread always seems too dry. They do have a pretty decent spicy chicken sandwich though. Chick fil a spicy sandwich isn't that good in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Their bread always seems too dry. They do have a pretty decent spicy chicken sandwich though. Chick fil a spicy sandwich isn't that good in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

CFA's used to be the best. Now they seem smaller...I don't know if they actually made them smaller or if the Popeyes one is just that much bigger, but CFA has left me disappointed the last few times I've been there. Hell, one sandwich was downright anemic. It was a glorified chicken nugget!

I do like CFA's dry spice though. The spicy mayo on everyone else's just makes them too greasy.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    The reason for chicken sandwiches getting smaller is that chicken prices are through the roof. If you sold a 4oz chicken breast sandwich last year (literally plain cooked breast and bun) and tried selling the same size this year, you'd need to increase your sale price by $1.40 to maintain the same food cost margin.

That's why most of the chicken places are coming up with "premium" sandwiches. It's not too compete against each other, but rather to justify the price increases to the customer.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    CFA's used to be the best. Now they seem smaller...I don't know if they actually made them smaller or if the Popeyes one is just that much bigger, but CFA has left me disappointed the last few times I've been there. Hell, one sandwich was downright anemic. It was a glorified chicken nugget!

I do like CFA's dry spice though. The spicy mayo on everyone else's just makes them too greasy.

The only Chick-fil-a's where I have walked up to the counter was at Montgomery Mall and Lake Forest Mall. All of the rest I have gone through the drive thru.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    Did Chick Fil a pick the most convoluted lot for drivers to get in and out of? Perfect! lol

That’s what I was saying when they were planning. The intersection on S Main side was a cluster before CF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The only Chick-fil-a's where I have walked up to the counter was at Montgomery Mall and Lake Forest Mall. All of the rest I have gone through the drive thru.

That’s what I was saying when they were planning. The intersection on S Main side was a cluster before CF.

Oh just wait. The plan is to put round-about at the intersection of Main St and the road Chick-fil-a is being built on. That will be fun!

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Oh just wait. The plan is to put round-about at the intersection of Main St and the road Chick-fil-a is being built on. That will be fun!

I thought the circle was going to at the top of the hill on S Main and the intersection CFA is being built will be right turn only.

Bad intersection either way.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    I thought the circle was going to at the top of the hill on S Main and the intersection CFA is being built will be right turn only.

Bad intersection either way.

Probably the best solution with what they’re working with.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

I go to the Chick-fil-a in Olney. It is busy, very busy at lunch time but they run that place like a tightly wound clock.

I'll never go to the drive thru in Germantown, that lot is a freaking zoo.

Since I moved out of Damascus I don't go to Mt Airy very often.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Did Chick Fil a pick the most convoluted lot for drivers to get in and out of? Perfect! lol

This is what they ALWAYS do. Most of them are such a PITA it's crazy, but they know that "if they build it, they will come", so they don't care that the lots are inconvenient.

Look at the one by the Walmart on 26 in Frederick. That lot sucks! You have to turn off 26 on to Monocacy, wait in the two-LH turning-lane light (but you can only be in the left lane because...), turn immediately left after getting in to the lot, drive past the car wash, take that angled narrow turn where ALL the CFA traffic has to come in/out of, get in the drive-thru, then reverse all your steps to get out!

Versus the Roys across the street: Turn off 26, turn in to Roy's lot, get in drivethru. So much easier.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    This is what they ALWAYS do. Most of them are such a PITA it's crazy, but they know that "if they build it, they will come", so they don't care that the lots are inconvenient.

Look at the one by the Walmart on 26 in Frederick. That lot sucks! You have to turn off 26 on to Monocacy, wait in the two-LH turning-lane light (but you can only be in the left lane because...), turn immediately left after getting in to the lot, drive past the car wash, take that angled narrow turn where ALL the CFA traffic has to come in/out of, get in the drive-thru, then reverse all your steps to get out!

Versus the Roys across the street: Turn off 26, turn in to Roy's lot, get in drivethru. So much easier.

Never did understand that. One way in and out. Have a CFA, Starbucks and car wash all packed into a corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom