• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    Saw this poking around the web the other night. Anybody have one?

I sort of liked the idea of the Savage 42 but I decided it is really just too expensive for what it is.

Knock about $100 off and get this instead - hmmmm...maybe. I like that it folds in half like a kind of poor man's take down. The wood furniture is not ideal for a pack rifle, but I suppose this thing could be used as one in a pinch. The fiber optic sights look better than expected, although I can see an argument that they are too fragile for something like this.

I am sure it is not lovingly crafted, but I am not sure I care. For something like this - cheap and functional is really all I'd be looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNDro5Y1xEg

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Chiappa firearms tend to be made like airsoft toys. Fragile, easily broken, spotty reliability. True throwaway guns. I say that as the owner of one of their cheap 1873 SAA clones. There's really no comparison between Savage and Chiappa.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Chiappa firearms tend to be made like airsoft toys. Fragile, easily broken, spotty reliability. True throwaway guns. I say that as the owner of one of their cheap 1873 SAA clones. There's really no comparison between Savage and Chiappa.

^^^^^^^^All dat up dare.^^^^^^^^

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    No comparison. Chiappa stuff should always be taken with a grain of salt. If the price point was a little less I could see it, but as is you are better off with the Savage for a few bucks more. In general, they do plan on making a quasi M6 remake with an over an under, pistol conversion kit, lever breach and styrofoam butstock. Its actually fairly neat but priced out of the market.

Now i have the little badger in .22 mag, havent shot it yet and there are some things I dont like but for what it is it should work well and I dont see any reason that it will have a mechanical problem.

My review can be found at http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=142212

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I have a Chiappa .22lr upper for one of my AR-lowers. I had heard that they had quality issues, but it was cheap and available so I went with it. (I bought it during "The Scare of 2013.")

Out of the box, the feed ramp geometry was horrible and every round after the first one would get hung up. I did a little work with a small file and some sandpaper to smooth it out and now it runs very well. Not super accurate, but accurate enough.

I don't expect it to last forever, and I'm just going to use it as a trainer/plinker until it dies and I get a different upper. By that point, it will have served it's purpose (cheap upper to get myself familiar with ARs) so I'm not upset over the money spent on it, but I'd never buy another one again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom