"Cheek" pistol? PCC but you hold it up and lean in to aim with your cheek?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I've been watching Rhett's progress with this shooting technique on Pistol Forum for a couple of years now. He's gotten amazing results.

When AR pistols were first becoming a thing and before the pistol braces caught on, I used to cheek the buffer tube. That third pt of contact makes a huge difference in accuracy/control than just holding it in 2 hands.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I've been watching Rhett's progress with this shooting technique on Pistol Forum for a couple of years now. He's gotten amazing results.

When AR pistols were first becoming a thing and before the pistol braces caught on, I used to cheek the buffer tube. That third pt of contact makes a huge difference in accuracy/control than just holding it in 2 hands.
    I tried it (never owned a brace) with my 7.5in but went back to tension forward on a short sling. Mainly because I shot MP5K that way and was comfortable with it. I probably didn't give cheeking a fair shake and defaulted to comfort loop.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    They need to make a quick connect picatinny buttstock adapter that can easily be taken off with a lever. That way a home owner doesn’t have to get themselves killed following a dumb ass law that serves no purpose.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Dumb.

IMO, they were made for the pistol brace crowd. Obviously, defunct now.

I've got a Ruger 10/22 charger that got turned into an SBR for free, now wears a side folding stock. This is the only acceptable answer for guns like that.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I tried it (never owned a brace) with my 7.5in but went back to tension forward on a short sling. Mainly because I shot MP5K that way and was comfortable with it. I probably didn't give cheeking a fair shake and defaulted to comfort loop.
    Here's an article I wrote about "cheeking" an AR pistol.....back in 2015! Surprised myself when I searched for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom