"Cheek" pistol? PCC but you hold it up and lean in to aim with your cheek?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's unorthodox. Train with it. Not my cup of tea to try and learn one more way to shoot. It's teaching you how to shoot a pistol that is too big to be a pistol. I'll pass.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I've been watching Rhett's progress with this shooting technique on Pistol Forum for a couple of years now. He's gotten amazing results.

When AR pistols were first becoming a thing and before the pistol braces caught on, I used to cheek the buffer tube. That third pt of contact makes a huge difference in accuracy/control than just holding it in 2 hands.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I've been watching Rhett's progress with this shooting technique on Pistol Forum for a couple of years now. He's gotten amazing results.

When AR pistols were first becoming a thing and before the pistol braces caught on, I used to cheek the buffer tube. That third pt of contact makes a huge difference in accuracy/control than just holding it in 2 hands.
    I tried it (never owned a brace) with my 7.5in but went back to tension forward on a short sling. Mainly because I shot MP5K that way and was comfortable with it. I probably didn't give cheeking a fair shake and defaulted to comfort loop.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    They need to make a quick connect picatinny buttstock adapter that can easily be taken off with a lever. That way a home owner doesn’t have to get themselves killed following a dumb ass law that serves no purpose.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Dumb.

IMO, they were made for the pistol brace crowd. Obviously, defunct now.

I've got a Ruger 10/22 charger that got turned into an SBR for free, now wears a side folding stock. This is the only acceptable answer for guns like that.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I tried it (never owned a brace) with my 7.5in but went back to tension forward on a short sling. Mainly because I shot MP5K that way and was comfortable with it. I probably didn't give cheeking a fair shake and defaulted to comfort loop.
    Here's an article I wrote about "cheeking" an AR pistol.....back in 2015! Surprised myself when I searched for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom