• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • :thumbsup:

For those who don’t remember, after Sandy Hook there was panic buying on a epic scale. They were cancelling orders of people who bought AR’s, and other guns, ammo etc. at the regular prices before the shooting, but didn’t ship yet. Then they jacked up the price of AR’s to like $5000. 5.56 was > $1000/case. Scum.
    The day before Sandy Hook, I bought a case of Wolf 7.62x39 for $199. The next day (Newtown shooting) they cancelled my order because it was "out of stock". Not three hours later, the identical item was on their website for something like $599.
    I posted about it here when it happened and soon found out they did it other MDS members as well.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The day before Sandy Hook, I bought a case of Wolf 7.62x39 for $199. The next day (Newtown shooting) they cancelled my order because it was "out of stock". Not three hours later, the identical item was on their website for something like $599.
    I posted about it here when it happened and soon found out they did it other MDS members as well.
    They screwed you, for sure.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I bought from them years ago before they went batshit and gouging on prices. Use to send me many catalogs. They have ridiculous prices so I started calling them cheaper than Gold. They are like some other companies taking it out on us because of our asinine laws in Maryland. Just like other states where they restrict mag capacity and certain guns. The distributors dont want to try and figure out what we can have and cant have. So they just basically ignore and ban us law abiding citizens from buying from them. Screw them

Benny

Feb 20, 2019
    Bought some ammo from them awhile back, but it’s been a long time (if ever) that anything at Cheaper than Dirt has been cheap.

Midway all the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    Anyone notice that cheaper than dirt no longer sells any firearms of any kind to Maryland ? I've not bought from them in a year or so but just attempted and they now do not sell to Marylanders. What the **** . I get we are a pain but that's not supporting 2a here at all. I searched if this was already discussed here and didn't see anything.
    I dont deal with them anymore anyhow. They have been the poster children for price gouging any time that ammo becomes scarce and that tells me they dont care about customers. Their are plenty of reputable businesses that want and will get my business.

jfking

BANNED!!!
    Sep 14, 2020
    I had never noticed but I wrote them a email and will not buy from them ever again

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    They were ok for a while and had a half a$$ membership program for discounts.

As stated by others they went bananas after the school shooting and lost their base thru predatory pricing.

jfking

BANNED!!!
    Sep 14, 2020
    They were ok for a while and had a half a$$ membership program for discounts.

As stated by others they went bananas after the school shooting and lost their base thru predatory pricing.
    Pricing always seems pretty inline with the other guys like them , buds and brownelles, ect so I don't see that. Usually they have glocks listed lower than anyone even over Covid . But yeah not selling to us is not cool

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Pricing always seems pretty inline with the other guys like them , buds and brownelles, ect so I don't see that. Usually they have glocks listed lower than anyone even over Covid . But yeah not selling to us is not cool
    Do a forum search and look at what they did with canceling submitted orders because of "Out Of Stock" then immediately offering the same ammo at greatly increased prices for windfall profits. Support vendors that treat customers well in both good times and bad.

For example:

Last edited:

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I hated them with their Warehouse A, Warehouse B shipping nonsense.

ammoseek for ammo. Midway or Brownells for everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom