• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfking

BANNED!!!
    Sep 14, 2020
    Anyone notice that cheaper than dirt no longer sells any firearms of any kind to Maryland ? I've not bought from them in a year or so but just attempted and they now do not sell to Marylanders. What the **** . I get we are a pain but that's not supporting 2a here at all. I searched if this was already discussed here and didn't see anything.

Attachments

• B079B794-924B-4E97-A21B-7A3CE2ABC8CB.png
      B079B794-924B-4E97-A21B-7A3CE2ABC8CB.png
      91.2 KB · Views: 70

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    OP,
    They screwed people over and cancelled orders back after Newtown/Sandy Hook. They then reposted items at a higher price, I mean much higher. Many here like myself stopped buying from them.
    It may be less that they don't like MD laws and more that Marylanders dont' like CTD
    you will find no love for Cheater than Dirt here.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Yeah a few years back I ran into that so I figured it had to be some type of clerical problem. Surely a ffl from MD could get this worked out. So I called and she was very clear about not selling ANY firearms to MD but she did assure me I could buy accessories. I quickly assured her that would never happen.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yeah a few years back I ran into that so I figured it had to be some type of clerical problem. Surely a ffl from MD could get this worked out. So I called and she was very clear about not selling ANY firearms to MD but she did assure me I could buy accessories. I quickly assured her that would never happen.
    :rofl:

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I cant believe they are still in business. I wonder if its all the new shooters that dont know their history that keeps their doors open.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Nope. Before 2013 they were one of my go-to’s. Never again.
    Mine too, then never again. If I’m searching for a firearm for instance, that nobody seems to have in stock, if the Google search results say CTD has it, I skip right past that and give up the search. I won’t even open their website out of curiosity.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    There aren't many things that MDS has a near universal opinion about. CTD is one of them.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    OP,
    They screwed people over and cancelled orders back after Newtown/Sandy Hook. They then reposted items at a higher price, I mean much higher. Many here like myself stopped buying from them.
    It may be less that they don't like MD laws and more that Marylanders dont' like CTD
    you will find no love for Cheater than Dirt here.
    QFT.

CTD - Dead to me since 2013.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Mine too, then never again. If I’m searching for a firearm for instance, that nobody seems to have in stock, if the Google search results say CTD has it, I skip right past that and give up the search. I won’t even open their website out of curiosity.
    :thumbsup:

For those who don’t remember, after Sandy Hook there was panic buying on a epic scale. They were cancelling orders of people who bought AR’s, and other guns, ammo etc. at the regular prices before the shooting, but didn’t ship yet. Then they jacked up the price of AR’s to like $5000. 5.56 was > $1000/case. Scum.

jfking

BANNED!!!
    Sep 14, 2020
    I thought I bought guns from them last few years but I was mistaken . I honestly just never tried or would have seen this before . Guns I've gotten were all from bud so guess just on happenstance I didn't even Know lol . Yeah fuxk those guys .

md77

Aug 17, 2022
    MoCo
    Can't Trust Dem. I was one who had an order in process when the price went up 500%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom