• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    OK, I looked at the Northwestern Loan web site and it appears that they don't have as many as they did 2-3 months ago. Are there any other places around that might have any? I know the gun buy frenzy has probably hit about everywhere, But I've been curious about possibly one for plinking under $100. Are there any other pawn shops worth looking at? Were there any out in Glen Burnie?

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    i checked there site last night and saw 3 10/22's for $150 ea.... and thought damn they are that much brand new:tdown:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I often see an ad in the Pennysaver for A1 Pawn (I think that's it....I could be wrong on the name though) and they claim to have shotguns and rifles for $100.

They imply that they have two locations; one on rte 197 and one on rte 198 and both had 301 area codes.

I'll see what I can find out.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Try this:

Two different websites show two different exchanges on the 410 number, so I guess somebody made a typo on one of them.

Phone: (301) 497-7296
    Email: a1pawnbrokers@aol.com

A-1 Pawnbroker
    (301) 490-7296
    12623 Laurel Bowie Rd
    Laurel, MD

A-1 Pawnbrokers
    (410) 880-1996
    3527 Fort Meade Rd
    Laurel, MD

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    do ur self a favor and spend another 60 bucks. i bought a remington 597 from dicks. that gun is so much fun to shoot. accurate as hell. doesnt matter what kinda round you put in it. just remember you get what you pay for!

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    Try this:

Two different websites show two different exchanges on the 410 number, so I guess somebody made a typo on one of them.

Phone: (301) 497-7296
    Email: a1pawnbrokers@aol.com

A-1 Pawnbroker
    (301) 490-7296
    12623 Laurel Bowie Rd
    Laurel, MD

A-1 Pawnbrokers
    (410) 880-1996
    3527 Fort Meade Rd
    Laurel, MD

The one on Ft. Meade Rd. may be North and East of the other, which I think I've been to years ago. I'm just tossing this around in my head. Depends on how my finances run. What Dick's stores had the guns. Ditto with Wally World. Some have stuff, some don't.

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    yeah i understand that. i bought mine from huntvalley. if your interested i can stop in tomorow for you and see what they have? and give you some more ideas. plus i can always use some ammo. i like the 597. i was shot while it was moving at about a 100 yards the other day. nice gun.

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    yeah i understand that. i bought mine from huntvalley. if your interested i can stop in tomorow for you and see what they have? and give you some more ideas. plus i can always use some ammo. i like the 597. i was shot while it was moving at about a 100 yards the other day. nice gun.

Let me know. Is that Dicks or Wally World? I'm down towards DC. Not familiar with the area. Do they have the Rossi, and if so for what? Just give an idea what they have. Thanks.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    The one on Ft. Meade Rd. may be North and East of the other, which I think I've been to years ago. I'm just tossing this around in my head. Depends on how my finances run. What Dick's stores had the guns. Ditto with Wally World. Some have stuff, some don't.

The new Wal Mart on Quarterfield Rd in Glen Burnie had a nice rifle and shotgun selection when they opened last year (By nice I mean about a baker's dozen or so). I haven't paid much attention since then to see what they stock specifically but they still have a fair amount in there.

You'll likely have an easier time buying a gun from Dick's as they have more people traind to specifically work in the gun dept, but Wal Mart is usually $10 ro $20 cheaper.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Anyone happen to know if there are any pawn shops in the Silver Spring / Rockville area that do guns? Maybe I'll stop in the next time I'm nearby one just to peek... I always feel ill-at-ease in such places...

rainman73guns

Dec 18, 2008
    I went to Northwestern pawn at penn ave Baltimore today. The person there told me that the price posted over their web site is the final price $150. So I told him that new ones at Dick go for 199 less 10 dollars. he just said that he knows what these guns are going for, price wise. Well I will just keep my money and look somewhere else. :tdown:

Anybody selling their 10 22?

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I went to Northwestern pawn at penn ave Baltimore today. The person there told me that the price posted over their web site is the final price $150. So I told him that new ones at Dick go for 199 less 10 dollars. he just said that he knows what these guns are going for, price wise. Well I will just keep my money and look somewhere else. :tdown:

Anybody selling their 10 22?

How was the guy there overall? Jerk? Nice?

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    I purchased a Savage .22 Long Bolt Action with a 10 round clip from Wally World last Month for $117.00 brand new in the box. I know the Ruger 10/22 is about $100.00 higher.

Personally my thoughts are why should you pay almost the same money (less $50.00 or so) for a used rifle, when the new ones aren't really that much more expensive.

About the only problem with any of these is actually laying your hands on one. The new rifles sell at a high rate, and I can only imagine the used rifles sell fast as well? This may be why the prices for the used weapons are high. Supply and demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom