• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    I buy a lot of ammo from aimsurplus.com -- shipping is not that much and not paying tax offsets the cost of shipping. You can play with the quantities to buy up to the next shipping cost increase. They don't always have all calibers in stock, but if you check back they may have it. Walmart is good too if you want 100 rounds.

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Looks like I am about to buy my first hand gun and I have some questions about ammo. Looking on cheaperthandirt.com I looks like I can get some really cheap ammo. I have always lived by the motto you get what you pay for. How cheap can you go with ammo and still shoot safely? Some of the ammo on there was like $7/ 50 9mm. I want to shoot this gun a lot and have some places I can shoot other than a range. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Chris
    One Word RELOAD, after initial investment I shoot 9mm under $2 a box using free Range Brass and free Wheel Weights for Lead. Careful with Lead in the Polygonal Barrels though.

Ed

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    The Steel Case is not Re loadable, most is also Berdan Primed even if one would try to argue it is. (It's Not)

I know a guy that reloads boxer primed Wolf steel cases :innocent0

I'm not an advocate for or against it...just sayin

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    I know a guy that reloads boxer primed Wolf steel cases :innocent0

I'm not an advocate for or against it...just sayin
    To each his own, I guess I'm wrong in saying cant, but I'm betting it may play hell with your Dies, with the amount of Brass to be swept off the ground for free I don't see the point in it.

Ed

captainstashu

Jan 26, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    speaking of cheap ammo. Cabela is pushing nylon jacketed Herter bullets in 9mm and 45. They say that are accurate and don't foul up the barrels. Does anyone have experience with these bullets. Are they any good?

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    in my Springfield xd, wolf steel case ammo would jam in the magazine. anything more than 9 rounds in the mag and the coating on the cases would stick to the walls of the mag.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Don't know about the rest of PG County, but the one in Bowie doesn't carry ammo. Would bet monies, Montgomery County is also ammo dry.
    You'd be out monies, because the Wal-Mart in Gaithersburg does stock ammo. Or they did last time I was there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom