• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Might be way off here, but you might want to raise the back sight.
    Nope.
    I'm a bit confused. It shoots high, and I need to raise the rear sight? Would that make it to shoot even higher?
    It would.
    No, lowering it would.
    Nope.
    The rear sight has been adjusted all the way down already.

As I see it, either filing off the rear sight U-notch or raising the front sight post. But the rear sight U-notch is quite shallow already, and raising the front sight is even harder (need to find an iron sight base with the same foot print, but slightly taller).
    Then you need a taller front sight, to force the muzzle lower.
    Problem Identified.
    Yes, but not how you are thinking. </No Country For Old Men>
    Just raise the rear sight.

:shrug:
    Nope, that just makes it shoot higher.
    Like I said I could be totally off base, but to me it would seem if you raise the rear sight, you would lower the muzzle to line up.
    Nope.
    Either you raise the front or lower the rear, the same is achieved: lower point of impact.
    I like the way you think.
    Your timing is perfect. I was finally able to shoot the Pathfinder earlier today for the first time. I was using Norma Tac-22 and my experience was exactly like yours, it was consistently about 2" too high.

I'm going to take the advice from this thread and move the rear sight and try again tomorrow.
    Move the rear sight down to lower your point of impact.

If the rear sight won't go down any further and the impact point is still high, you need a taller front sight.

Another suggestion: "High Speed" ammo typically makes a pistol shoot a little lower because it escapes the barrel before recoil can raise it too far. There's a chance your pistols might zero if you use ".22LR Hi-Speeds".

SunnySky

Oct 19, 2023
    California
    Then you need a taller front sight, to force the muzzle lower.
    Any recommendation on front sight purchase? The revolver has a fiber optic front sight so I need to remove the fiber first to access the screw. But the new sight needs to have the same foot print and same slot for the fiber.

The ammo I tried have box MV 1130, 1250, and 1280. They all shoot high.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Any recommendation on front sight purchase? The revolver has a fiber optic front sight so I need to remove the fiber first to access the screw. But the new sight needs to have the same foot print and same slot for the fiber.
    I'm not familiar with High Standard parts. I'd suggest calling High Standard CS and asking if they offer a replacement. Explain the problem and let them help you solve it. Failing that, I'd suggest searching the internet.

A quick look found this supplier who has some sight parts, but nothing with a fiber optic:
    https://interarmstx.com/product-category/high-standard-style-sights-parts-models-106-107/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom