• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Hi I’m in the market for one of these revolvers. Curious if any MDS’ers have experience with the 9MM Pitbull.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    No experience but curious to know how the extractor works
    I have the Smith & Wesson 547, it’s extractor is fairly complex. So I’m equally curious.
    IMG_8911.jpeg
    IMG_8912.jpeg

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Just saw a couple of YouTube videos on the pitbull. Seems like there's a detent built into the central "star" (not versed with revolvers) for each chamber. Push each round until it clicks. 5 round capacity. To eject, push the rod and the detent acts like an extractor.

Seems like a nice concept. The demo I saw had a couple of hangups (stuck empties) when ejecting so I'd polish up each chamber real well and run a bunch of ammo through before I'd trust this as a carry gun.

Reloading can be a bit slow too. You can't use moon clips, which defeats the purpose of the detents.

Ironically, many of the comments suggested people have had good luck using a semi-auto magazine to quickly reload the revolver. Just eject spent casings then use your thumb to strip fresh cartridges from the magazine and push them into each chamber.

Not sure where this fits into the scheme of things. It takes 9mm, which is cheap(er) and more available. A revolver is more reliable than a semi auto but the weight makes it somewhat hefty for a carry gun. Only 5 rounds. Unsure if there's a transfer bar, so you might need to carry with one empty chamber, leaving you with only four rounds during a debate

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    No experience with them, but they're openly available - price isn't too bad either. Interestingly, the stainless is cheaper than the nitride finish by $14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom