• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So I am getting the rest of the parts I need for my suppressed SBR 9mm AR build. I understand there can be a lot of gas coming the shooters way. I have been looking at charging handles. The PRI Gasbuster seems to be the one a lot of people use. I have read on other fora that the VLTOR/BCM charging handles seem to work at least as well, especially if you dremel out a notch on the right side of the handle. I already got the 9mm-Q buffer with the Wolf XP spring, and that is supposed to make a difference. There is also the silicone trick (which I would like to avoid). Does anyone have any experience with this kind of set-up they would be willing to share?

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    The BCM gunfighter has recently been redesigned to reduce blowback. I was pleasantly suprised when mine arrived last week. Here's some pics I pulled from google.

Old
    BCMGFHMod3556-3.jpg

New
    eebb22df.jpg

27a5ae24.jpg

6225b180.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Nice. I hear the BCM gunfighter is a lot more durable (and is a lot cheaper) than the PRI Gas Buster. I prefer the looks of the BCM. I may just have to order one. Thanks.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Nice. I hear the BCM gunfighter is a lot more durable (and is a lot cheaper) than the PRI Gas Buster. I prefer the looks of the BCM. I may just have to order one. Thanks.

I don't know about the durability since I've never used a PRI, but it is cheaper, and that new design looks like their trying to take some of PRI's business away by reducing blowback via the charging handle, may have to pick one or two of these up myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom