Charged w/ Violating their Oath of Office?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VFP

Nov 22, 2012
    Article 1 Section 6
    Yeah, they are doing under the scope of public health and safety. Wait until Obama care starts denying you your gun rights because of the side effects of that legislation that falls under mental health, or children safety, or a whole host of other insurance related matters that prevent you from owning a gun, because insurance companies will not insure gun liabilities, and therefore could cancel you, but you being required under law to be insured could lose your guns to the state, by force.

VFP

Nov 22, 2012
    Yeah, they are doing under the scope of public health and safety. Wait until Obama care starts denying you your gun rights because of the side effects of that legislation that falls under mental health, or children safety, or a whole host of other insurance related matters that prevent you from owning a gun, because insurance companies will not insure gun liabilities, and therefore could cancel you, but you being required under law to be insured could lose your guns to the state, by force.
    When you cannot sell, transport, or otherwise get rid of assault weapons, your only recourse besides jail, is to turn them in. It only gets better. Don't know how health care affects gun ownership? 150,000 veterans just got put into the NICS system for PTSD, and many more will be. If you ever served in a combat role, or were active in combat, look out, O'Mama is coming for you. Remeber, they are passing a mental health element into the new laws, added to O'Malley care, we are toast.

VFP

Nov 22, 2012
    So......what are we going to do about it?

I'm no lawyer. I'm not rich.
    Just a father, a man who pays his taxes, loves America, who works 6 days a week to support his children and trying to fight the good fight.
    AMEN Brother

VFP

Nov 22, 2012
    I recall watching the news and seeing the lib's thugs doing this a few times....we're better than that.

Not to mention I don't see that ending well for the protesters and media would have a field day.
    That is our collective problem. We will not use the tactics those low life bottom suckers employ against us. Being better than that gets us SB281 and HB294. A study in Patton, might be in order. Or what does that redneck guy always say?...Git er done... just saying

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    So......what are we going to do about it?

I'm no lawyer. I'm not rich.
    Just a father, a man who pays his taxes, loves America, who works 6 days a week to support his children and trying to fight the good fight.

Sorry, dude, but you and we all got bu** f**ed. The '60's hippies were just tools of leftist totalitarians, and they did a sufficient job of controlling and the schools and the media.

I studied Marxism and East/West relations and Middle East relations and development in the '70's at Duke. What passes for research and study today is so clouded by PC that you can't count on anything that government or its sponsors say without independent verification.

StickerLT

Jul 26, 2012
    Frederick County
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dblas
    I believe there is a regulation that prevents suing and elected official for performing their job. I have to find it again, but under that regulation, what they have done and continue to do is neither treason of failure to support the Constitution, or failure to uphold their oath of office.

Article 1 Section 6

and for any speech or debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other place.

So their oath of office is for what purpose then?

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    They can't be charged for what they say, but they CAN be charged for what they do or don't do.

Violation 1: Failure to address the background check backup which is violating state law and infringing on the second amendment rights of anybody who purchases a regulated firearm.

Violation 2: Wasting tax payer money by not fixing G&S and allowing the court battle to continue.

Violation 3: Failure of the Senate Judiciary Committee to hear all citizen opinions of a bill.

Violation 4: Failure to have an open hearing by reasonable measures by not allowing an open stream when it was apparent that they could not accommodate everybody who wanted to show up.

Violation 5: Voting fraud, conspiracy to commit, and violating the oath of office for Friday's amendment mess.

If the bill passes
    Violation 6: Violating the oath of office by failing to uphold the second amendment by allowing common use weapons and equipment to be banned for people under the age of 21 by Oct 1 of this year.

Not a lawyer or law expert, but with all the legalese wording BS there has GOT to be some way to pull this off with SOME of these charges.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    I would have no idea how to go about it which is why I'm throwing it out there. I work a retail job 6 days a week, only did a couple years of college, and have no real experience with the legal system. I'm smart (sometimes) and can throw ideas out all day long, but there is only so much I can do which is why I'm tossing it out here. There has got to be an up and coming prosecutor on the state or federal level who would just love to try to make a name for himself if we can come up with a shred of real evidence of a chargeable crime in any of the stuff I listed. If there is anything to any of my points, I would think somebody here would know where to go with it.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Where does the constitution assure you the right to own an "assault weapon"? And where does it forbid licensing?

The supreme court has said the 2a can be restricted and limited "within reason". So, yeah, good luck, I suppose.

It said no such thing, yet. Read the case law. These are the same people that think its only a collective right.

It is deliberately silent on licencing. Has not ruled on g&s. Has not ruled on common defensive weapons other than hand guns. Has not set the standard of review.

That said it makes no difference re the oath. It has no teeth and they know it.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    When you cannot sell, transport, or otherwise get rid of assault weapons, your only recourse besides jail, is to turn them in. It only gets better. Don't know how health care affects gun ownership? 150,000 veterans just got put into the NICS system for PTSD, and many more will be. If you ever served in a combat role, or were active in combat, look out, O'Mama is coming for you. Remeber, they are passing a mental health element into the new laws, added to O'Malley care, we are toast.

Then the first step is to stop volunteering for service. Forcing liberals to propose a draft, will carve them away from their left flank fast. And a lot if use full idiots, esp the young will get a clue real fast.

I hate to even consider it, but the first step when government defies its people is to withdraw consent -- that means do not volunteer -- resist by inaction. I really hope it does not get that far.....

Last edited:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    The federal courts will absolutely uphold an AWB and a magazine ban. They have agreed that there can be and ought to be "reasonable limits" on the 2A, so why in the hell would they remove legislators from office for implementing those "reasonable limits"?

Stop talking nonsense. That's not what they said. Read the case law.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    IF you were to go the civil route, would a ruling against them satisfy the "shall, on conviction thereof, in a Court of Law" portion of the State Constitution or does it have to be criminal charges? Personally I think either way it should be criminal charges first then civil. If it starts as a lawsuit, then it gets spun to be us trying to milk them for money not us fighting for our rights.

Requesting a copy of their oath is a joke unless it is used as evidence in legal action. The only action these people will listen to is legally getting them out of office.

The copy can be used in other ways. :innocent0 think 2014.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    All these petitions to stop the abuse of power.We need a Petition to remove those that Infringe on peoples rights.

Best way I think is to get recall provision in the MD constitution. Not easy but possible. Hard for the left to argue against .

Its not needed they will say..
    Then it will never be used we will say.
    But can be expressive they will say
    Not it you are right and it is never needed and this never used...
    But it is not needed they say again.
    Why do you fear it then we say...

Just the public debate can get people thinking. Bring in the issue of the oath....and it gets interesting I think.

But the risk is it will energize the statists. This may not be the year...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Daylight to Dark-thirty, Don't trespass, don't litter. No noise above ordinary conversation. Break no laws. Six to twelve demonstrators at each address. Every day until the final vote is in, Pro or Con.. just peaceably picket.

You think this is an effective use of time? How many people could we speak to and convince in that time?

The fight is with the people not their 'leaders'.

StickerLT

Jul 26, 2012
    Frederick County
    From Commissioner Rothschild's FB page this morning~
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/richard.rothschild.9

Richard Rothschild

We now have both a FACEBOOK PAGE and a DEDICATED WEBSITE entitled UpholdMyOath.com Please visit and "LIKE" our Facebook Page, and also spend some time reading our upholdmyoath.com website. Thanks, Rich

Link to UpholdMyOath FB page~
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Uphold-My-Oath/136783489835328?fref=ts

Link to UpholdMyOath website~
    http://upholdmyoath.com/

n1hook

Feb 28, 2010
    Parkville
    Ask how many belong to the ASIS: The American Society for Industrial Security

Learn how they recruit control votes reward those who vote their way and punish /frame those who speak out.

In place in Maryland since the 1960's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom