• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Overall a good show. Very consistant where the vendors are and allways a few surprises. I met "LT", one half of Blind Horse Knives. Great guy. He was out of stock of the neck kife I wanted so I will order on line. Got a little crowded so I left by 1300. Parking was crazy. :sad20:

Always makes you glad you have a 4wd

I almost took a chance on a cutdown winchester 1895 in 303

Mossberg Kid

Feb 24, 2012
    Rockville
    My review:

I'm back from The Nation's Gun Show at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. It was my first gun show -- just so happens, it's the largest gun show on the East Coast (I think; correct me if I'm wrong). I figured I'd only be there an hour or two because I wasn't planning on buying any guns; maybe ammo and accessories. Three separate trips back out to the trunk of the car and 4 1/2 hours later, I finally left.

The coolest purchase? A Carlos Hathcock t-shirt, with an image of his trademark white feather on the back!!! How freaking BAD-ASS is that? B.A.D. A.S.S. bad-ass, that's how bad ass!

Got some great prices on a few tactical flash lights -- and I got a long-sought tac flash light and mount for my Mossberg 500 12 ga. Picked up a cool gun log/journal (to record all of my adventures). Stocked up on .22 cal and 12 ga. ammo, at prices roughly comparable to a Virginia Walmart (as opposed to one in the People's Republic of Maryland); got a couple of ammo cans at good prices -- AND... found a special purchase with which to begin my Christmas shopping! A Zombie Hunter black t-shirt for my nephew; he loves at the zombie stuff.

The place was PACKED! The parking lot was PACKED! There were so many vendors and display tables, I didn't know where to look first.

Some AMAZING historical rifles, handguns and shotguns. I tried not to drool too much.

Some vendor was selling a Barrett .50 cal sniper rifle for a cool $13,500! I poop you not!

And vintage/historical weapons were easily eclipsing that amount. Whoa!

They had some replica Kentucky rifles, arguably the first true sniper rifle and the firearm that had such a huge effect during the Revolutionary War.

Of course, vendors didn't want the unwashed masses handling the coolest stuff, and since I wasn't buying a firearm anyway, it wasn't a big deal. But an incredible display.

And I have to note, for the record, this was the FIRST TIME I EVER PAID TO SHOP SOMEWHERE.

And a footnote, again for the record: gun-haters would have you think with all those right-wing extremist gun-hoarding types and dooms-day preppers that surely SOMEBODY would go mental and start shooting up the place. I have to disappoint them. Didn't happen. There were a few militia-looking, survivalist types, but most everyone else looked normal. And it was so easy to strike up a conversation with people -- obviously, everyone there shares a passion for guns, an appreciation for the Second Amendment, and a deep and abiding respect for members of the U.S. military and veterans.

A tip for you single women out there: want to meet a fella? Go to a gun show or take a firearms class at your nearby gun range. LOTS of guys there with enough money to be able to afford to sustain a gun-buying habit.

DD163

Apr 7, 2012
    My Mrs. & I got to the gun show about 9:30 and started walking the aisles. It was almost 2:00 before we noticed the time again. We found comfortable $20 shoulder holsters so that we could start home carrying, which I'm surprised is legal in the People's Republic of Maryland (a term I stole from one of the people at the Maryland transfer booth).

We picked up a few other misc items but found no deals on ammo and all the ammo cans for sale had too much rust for my taste.

The Mrs found a revolver she liked. The guy selling it was very nice and wrote down everything we'd need to hunt for another like it.

We loved it!

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    My review:

I'm back from The Nation's Gun Show at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. It was my first gun show -- just so happens, it's the largest gun show on the East Coast (I think; correct me if I'm wrong).

Largest in the area. Louisville KY National Gun Day shows are bigger.

rooster

Rebel looking for a cause
    Aug 1, 2010
    Eldersburg, MD
    :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Naaa, apparently he doesn't remember, a little dose of his own medicine is all it was. On July 10th, 2011, he made a post directed at me with name calling such as "duffer" on multiple occasions in one post (on page 5 in the "Gun Show" sub forum regarding the Frederick show). I made a joking comment with him at the show and apparently he took it the wrong way. So evidently he decided to play "keyboard commando" in retaliation with his post #44 back then. If he's an upstanding person, he'll let it remain intact and not delete that portion of his post. I'm more than willing to forgive and give it a fresh start.

I was quite happy to let this go and accept blame upon myself, being raised in the manner to not dodge and weave, but to stand and deliver.

To be more specific, when asked if you did it, never lie! Stand and say yes! -
    And whatever the consequences take it like a man!

And thus I did! I said "Old Duffer" and I meant it with affection and deepest regard, and if I am wrong, I did it, here is what I did, and I am to blame. And I am sorry that you believe I spoke wrongly.

So, you might say, what is this "rant" about?

Well... I'll tell you:

Believing I am not an idiot. I rarely speak out of turn. I decided to find out where I learned that term. - It took me a while. But I found it.

BOSTON'S GUN BIBLE! Revised with 2008 D.C. v. Heller page 1/8.

I quote:

"Old Duffer A gun show codger. An affectionate, not perjorative term."

(Perjorative: a word or phrase that has negative connotations or that is intended to disparage or belittle)

Affectionate! NOT perjorative!!!!!!!!!

It is used in the book (which I read cover to cover!), but you will find it there in Chapter 1 "TERMINOLOGY" by Boston T. Party. In his book!

That is what I said. That is how I meant it. And that is where I learned it!

If you still take issue I will gladly close my membership.

Just speak the words: "I know more than what is written in 'Boston's Gun Bible.'"

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Got some Galil and Uzi mags. Prices weren't great, but were tolerable enough. Didn't feel ripped off, which I guess is a reasonable outcome as they go. Total lack of Vz58 stuff, I guess I'll have to go to try York for that.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    My review:

I'm back from The Nation's Gun Show at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. It was my first gun show -- just so happens, it's the largest gun show on the East Coast (I think; correct me if I'm wrong). I figured I'd only be there an hour or two because I wasn't planning on buying any guns; maybe ammo and accessories. Three separate trips back out to the trunk of the car and 4 1/2 hours later, I finally left.

The coolest purchase? A Carlos Hathcock t-shirt, with an image of his trademark white feather on the back!!! How freaking BAD-ASS is that? B.A.D. A.S.S. bad-ass, that's how bad ass!

Got some great prices on a few tactical flash lights -- and I got a long-sought tac flash light and mount for my Mossberg 500 12 ga. Picked up a cool gun log/journal (to record all of my adventures). Stocked up on .22 cal and 12 ga. ammo, at prices roughly comparable to a Virginia Walmart (as opposed to one in the People's Republic of Maryland); got a couple of ammo cans at good prices -- AND... found a special purchase with which to begin my Christmas shopping! A Zombie Hunter black t-shirt for my nephew; he loves at the zombie stuff.

The place was PACKED! The parking lot was PACKED! There were so many vendors and display tables, I didn't know where to look first.

Some AMAZING historical rifles, handguns and shotguns. I tried not to drool too much.

Some vendor was selling a Barrett .50 cal sniper rifle for a cool $13,500! I poop you not!

And vintage/historical weapons were easily eclipsing that amount. Whoa!

They had some replica Kentucky rifles, arguably the first true sniper rifle and the firearm that had such a huge effect during the Revolutionary War.

Of course, vendors didn't want the unwashed masses handling the coolest stuff, and since I wasn't buying a firearm anyway, it wasn't a big deal. But an incredible display.

And I have to note, for the record, this was the FIRST TIME I EVER PAID TO SHOP SOMEWHERE.

And a footnote, again for the record: gun-haters would have you think with all those right-wing extremist gun-hoarding types and dooms-day preppers that surely SOMEBODY would go mental and start shooting up the place. I have to disappoint them. Didn't happen. There were a few militia-looking, survivalist types, but most everyone else looked normal. And it was so easy to strike up a conversation with people -- obviously, everyone there shares a passion for guns, an appreciation for the Second Amendment, and a deep and abiding respect for members of the U.S. military and veterans.

A tip for you single women out there: want to meet a fella? Go to a gun show or take a firearms class at your nearby gun range. LOTS of guys there with enough money to be able to afford to sustain a gun-buying habit.

I applaud your excitement over your first show, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    It is good to see people like you get into the hobby. If you want to see
    a big show, google the Wannenmacher gun show in Tulsa!

Porkchop

Nov 16, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    I had a lot of fun at the Chantilly gun show. I went after work on Friday and pick up some ammo. I went again on Saturday with the wife and pick-up a rifle.

I have to say getting the rifle was a very easy experience. I was talking to the vendor when I mentioned I lived in MD. I kind of expected him to give me the evil eye and start throwing holy water at me in an attemp to ward me off. Instead he says, "I can't sell you any handguns or assault type weapons but you can buy this stuff over here.." and he shows me to the shotguns and rifles. I saw a used SKS which I thought was ragged looking (stock was scratched up and it looked like it needed a good cleaning). He says $300 and I balked at the price and walked away. When I came back a little latter, he starts throwing in some extras (ammo, bi-pod, scope) so I bit. I give him two ids and go to the ATM to get the cash. When I got back I give the money, he says "sign here" and hands me the rifle, my ids and off I go. It remains to be seen if I got a good deal. I still need to take it apart, give it a good cleaning, and see if it shoots straight.

- Porkchop

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Where were you guys? I was selling in the classifieds some Romy 8mm for about 2 weeks, a can of 380 for 120.

Sold yesterday.

You are located in a place that is inconvenient for me to pick up. I would love to have the rest of the ammo you were selling but it's a long haul from Woodbridge.

Kondor

May 23, 2011
    Silver Spring
    Oh, you you're the one who snagged it all! :lol: I was looking for more since my deal fell through with a guy on VA Guntrader.

Haha! Gotta feed the beast (my K43). It loves this stuff.

Yellowsled:
    That's a great deal. Too bad I missed out on it. To be honest I just wasn't actively looking for some, just saw it on the table and jumped on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom