• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I ususally go to Chantilly wont be this time. Come back with something nice most of the time.

Make sure you stop by Battle Bargains, I am not barking for them but a lot of people walk away from their sticker prices on guns that they will deal significantly on if you wave the cash. I have never had them not knock at least $75 to $150 off something and have always walked away feeling more than fair.

Only reason I mentioned this is I have seen two posts from people who looked at their stuff, thought it was a little pricey and walked on.

Sev

"Vern"
    Mar 18, 2010
    formerly silver spring
    I ususally go to Chantilly wont be this time. Come back with something nice most of the time.

Make sure you stop by Battle Bargains, I am not barking for them but a lot of people walk away from their sticker prices on guns that they will deal significantly on if you wave the cash. I have never had them not knock at least $75 to $150 off something and have always walked away feeling more than fair.

Only reason I mentioned this is I have seen two posts from people who looked at their stuff, thought it was a little pricey and walked on.

do they sell to MD?

I'll probably be there saturdya morning

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    It is. Don't understood why - perhaps because they can? Along with the potentially horrible drive, I always have to think thrice about going
    (still went 2x last year).:confused:

Because its not in a tiny building like most MD gunshows.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I haven't been there for a while, but I might go this time. My girlfriend keeps asking what I want for my birthday which is coming up this month. I my just take her there to find things I might want.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    12 bucks is a little steep.

How's $11 ??

Coupon%20-%20Showmasters%20-%20C%20&%20E%20Gun%20Shows%20Website.jpg

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I probably won't make it this month. I'm gonna save up some more money and go to the April show and clean up on 30 round AR and AK mags and a ton of ammo.

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    Maybe for long guns too, from what some others have been saying about MD purchases there.:sad20:

MH

And I saw this on another thread
    "A couple of thoughts based on my experience:
    1.) There are usually a few dealers at the Chantilly Gun Show who can "facilitate" Maryland transfers. Typically several of the dealers there will have agreements with the MD dealers that allow you buy from one dealer and have the transfer handled by the MD dealer. You still have to wait the required 7 days before you can pick the handgun up. I haven't gone thru this process myself but assume that you pick the gun up from the MD dealer handling the transfer."

From the National Gun Show website:
    "NON-VA Residents: Must be of legal age to purchase a firearm. Can only purchase long guns (rifles and shotguns) and must have the same forms of ID as VA residents. Driver's License from your State of residence and another ID that proves you live in that State. ALL LAWS OF BOTH STATES MUST BE COMPLIED WITH. You must fill out the paperwork and pass the background check, you can then take your firearm with you. "

This is my first time going to the Chantilly show, looking at handguns and rifles. I understand the pistol rules and transfers. Ok.

But how is it at the Chantilly show for buying rifles. Any issues? Which dealer to stay away from etc... I'm looking at bolt action and possible semi-auto but NOT an AR-style rifle.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    But how is it at the Chantilly show for buying rifles. Any issues? Which dealer to stay away from etc... I'm looking at bolt action and possible semi-auto but NOT an AR-style rifle.

It depends, varies dealer to dealer. Dark Sun is the one that is a definite "no", several post here in the past on him. Safest bet is to obviously ask before you get too deep into the deal.

Most that say no are pretty sorry about, but with the MD laws being so confusing, they don't want to take any chances.

Don't forget your second ID, utility bill works fine.

Good luck, maybe I'll see you there. :)

MH

FlatTopFoley

Bears
    Sep 6, 2010
    Silver Spring
    I'll be there with a group of friends/fellow shooters on Saturday. If you see a big guy with a desert tan bag on with a MDS patch on, don't hesitate to say hi :)

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I've never had an issue with buying there, (except for Dark Sun), but then again, I haven't bought a lot there either.

Gus from Accurate PawnAnd Tackle, one of our IPs, is usually there and will handle transfers on the spot. :thumbsup:

MH

Thanks, ill keep that in mind next time i go there. I might make it there this weekend, but not sure

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Is anyone up for dinner saturday night say after the gunshow closes at 5pm? I dont know how many of you plan on staying the entire day saturday though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom