• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Hey quick question a little off topic have any of you guys ever taken pics @ Cresap for a range report, I was just wondering because I have to do a couple (on some newly acquired rifles and optics) and wondered if you can take photos there (now when I say photos I mean only of me the shooter and targets that were struck/distances)?

In regards to the price change it sounds very reasonable.

Pictures of You and Your Target are fine. Please do not take pics of others with out their permission. Let a Range Officer know what you are doing we recently changed policy to allow this.

Chris

Still no suppressors?

Sorry.... We got SBR's okayed.... We are working on Suppressors. One step at a time.

would love to have a 200yrd target. but hey best place around

We all would!!! We do not own the property behind the berm so that is about as far as we can go.

Chris

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    When I've been there in the past multiple times, I have heard range officers telling people that they were not allowed to take pictures.

This changed just a few months ago.
    As long as you are only taking pics of you and the people with you.

If anyone says anything ask for Jimmy, Shane, Phil, or Chris.

One of us should be working and we are all on the Board of Directors.
    I will remind members in the next news letter.

Chris

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick

Chris

I think that's great news! I always want to take pics of my daughters shooting so we can let people see how much fun they're having! :thumbsup:

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Thanks for the bump. I didn't notice this the first time around. I still have yet to visit Cresap, but with introducing a new shooter to handguns who lives in the Frederick area, I think we'll be checking out Cresap as a place we can both go :thumbsup:

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD

Chris

First off, thanks for the reply...... I am glad u changed this policy, and glad I asked the question:D

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

Chris

thanks!

i got my hand slapped for taking pics of my kids a while ago. My camera will be in my range bag on my next visit.

DOsniper

Mar 4, 2011
    Monkton, MD
    No suppressor but they did allow me to shoot my Noveske 7.5" pistol at the rifle range because it had a "sight" on it, e.g. an EOTech, haha. I was told the suppressor was being discussed but no answer, as some have already said.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Can someone please explain the "no suppressor" stance?

I've not yet shot at Cresap, and a quick review of the posted range safety rules available from their Web site doesn't mention either suppressors or the clarified pictures guidelines.

It may be that these items are covered in another document, elsewhere on their site or on-site at the range - but in any case, if the suppressor is legally owned and documented, I'm not sure why a range wouldn't allow one.

I shoot at several local ranges and don't recall if they also forbid suppressors - as I don't yet own one so have never cared. just a curiosity...

Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    Guys,

We do not allow supressors. I could answer this in a long drawn out multi-paragraph posting but I am not going to. Just too much to explain. Also, if I did it would be scutinized by everyone. Inevitably some wise a$$ would state how he feels we are not serving the public and upholding our duty as informed 2nd amendment advocates because we have a rule in place that, to them, makes no sense.

Here's an idea... Come up and shoot at the club during public hours, make firends with the RSO's. Become a member and attend some board meetings. You can then make a motion to allow supressors. We need additional members anyways.

Thanks

Phil

ateixeira

Don't know shit!
    Jan 5, 2009
    MD.
    Guys,

We do not allow suppressors. I could answer this in a long drawn out multi-paragraph posting but I am not going to. Just too much to explain. Also, if I did it would be scrutinized by everyone. Inevitably some wise a$$ would state how he feels we are not serving the public and upholding our duty as informed 2nd amendment advocates because we have a rule in place that, to them, makes no sense.

Here's an idea... Come up and shoot at the club during public hours, make friends with the RSO's. Become a member, volunteer your time and get certified as an RO, "walk the line", clean up the brass, participate in one of our many committees in need that make the range what it is and attend some board meetings. You can then make a motion to allow suppressors. We need additional members anyways.

Thanks

Phil

Fixed it for ya! :party29:

Last edited:

backnblack

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2009
    Guys,

We do not allow supressors. I could answer this in a long drawn out multi-paragraph posting but I am not going to. Just too much to explain. Also, if I did it would be scutinized by everyone. Inevitably some wise a$$ would state how he feels we are not serving the public and upholding our duty as informed 2nd amendment advocates because we have a rule in place that, to them, makes no sense.

Here's an idea... Come up and shoot at the club during public hours, make firends with the RSO's. Become a member and attend some board meetings. You can then make a motion to allow supressors. We need additional members anyways.

Thanks

Phil

So no real answer?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.939299,-76.861590

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    I think the real answer is no.

I think everyone has an idea of what the range should be, however, their members have to call the shots so to speak to please the largest # of people, and still err on the side of safety.

Poke around a little, its still tough, if not impossible to beat them for what they offer for the minimal fees they charge.

Oh, BTW: I am not a member, and they haven't asked me what I think, nor have I communicated with the board members surrounding this issue.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    A lot of the rules at my club's range makes no sense either. They will take the time to explain the reason behind the rule in question, and then you will say that makes so much sense.

There must be a more private reason for the supserror ruling that they do not want to share publicly.

Is this not a private club?

If you do not like the rules shoot at another range or become politically active in the club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom