• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Here's a question...

It just occurred to me. If we apply for the license on the 1st, don't we have to have our FPs and BGCs done BEFORE we apply????

Great conversation BTW. Thanks to everyone for keeping it civil (for the most part).
    :)

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    I started working for the federal government when I was 16. My finger prints have been on file for 36 years. Giving them, government in general, another set isn't a big deal to me.

I am former Naval Intelligence so the government knows a lot more about me than even my wife does, let alone a friggin set of fingerprints. But screw that man and this so called requirement as its my belief that I don't need it as a free man under the US Constitution! They are preverting the system with a process of an agenda, nothing more. Our rule of law is the Constitution.

Look this up if you want, our founding fathers warned us and told us not to read too deeply into or twist the words and to follow their plain and intended meanings. - you understand what that means ?

bshedwick

Apr 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I just don't think I'll be buying another regulated firearm in this state. Will probably wait until I move out (hopefully in the next year or so)

I hate giving more money to this state than I have to.

Johnshaw65

Jun 22, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Two questions.

1. Will NRA pistol instructors be exempt from the training requirement, for the HQL.
    2. Will NRA pistol instructors be able to provide the mandated training to others.

Thanks.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    SB281 will do nothing to deter criminals or prevent crime.

Would I support a MD HQL?

Damn Straight if it gives me "Shall Issue" CCW, Instant Check/Same Day Purchasing and Ends 1 Gun/Month and DC requiments

Oh Yeah! One more thing...Gets rid of the Roster Board and any AWB.

I agreed with your entire post but stole the two points I agreed with the most. :)

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    Would this finger printing and crap apply to me buying shotguns and like another hi point carbine and mosin nagant?

Damn shame my AR 15 dreams while I'm in Maryland are washed away. Wanted to order my lower atleast and finish putting it together when my money was right but I can't now. Can buy the lower but no extra cash for another 2 weeks to take care of the transfer fee and background check so I'm doomed and gotta move on to what I'll be able to buy rifle wise after October 1st..... But if I have to give my prints and pay money for anything other than a background check then I won't be buying anymore guns untill I leave Maryland.

But can somebody let me know if you have to get finger printed for all guns or just handguns?

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    Nevermind I think I've read that the finger printing and training is for handguns. So I should be able to buy shotguns and rifles like nagants and hi point carbine

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD

Can buy the lower but no extra cash for another 2 weeks to take care of the transfer fee and background check so I'm doomed and gotta move on to what I'll be able to buy rifle wise after October 1st.....

Or if you can find a willing FFL, Pay for the stripped lower now, and have them give you a purchase order for it. Go back after 2 weeks when you have the cash for the transfer fee and background check, and fill out the 77r then.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    I don't give a rat's ass about O'Malley. He'll be gone in short order and will move onto running for POTUS. My primary objection is giving up my prints, which I have yet to do and have no plans on doing anywhere in the future.

Giving up my prints doesn't concern me in the slightest. I've given them to the military, Utah CCW, the state when I was a special police officer. hell I even gave them up for the investigation my kid's school requires in order to supervise field trips. I am not scared of someone operating in the dark making secret plans once they've identified me as a gun owner. I am scared of what they have demonstrated they can do out here in the open when everyone is looking. They passed this BS law in the bright of day while we were looking right at them. Now that's something to be fearful of.

EasyE

Jan 26, 2013
    So what is the consensus?

Apply for a HQL?

Don't apply for a HQL?

Should people who are exempt apply for a HQL just to help overload the system?

Should people just buy as many non-regulated guns as possible (especially hbar type rifles), just to show that Maryland has only increased the total number of firearms in the state?

Maybe we need a poll, so we can see if we could all consider going in the same direction...

I think this is what I will start doing come 1 October. I'll buy a Mosin Nagant (or a non regulated of your choice) or two a month. I wont comply and get a license to exercise a right I was born with.

I have the few handguns I need, not all that I want, but the ones I have will do the job. There are quite a few unregulated firearms on my "want" list so I'll start on them in October.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom