• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Can anyone chime in on the possible complications of moving/changing addresses (in state), while regulated transfer paperwork is pending? Will this risk "holds" or further slowdowns?

Thanks!

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    Bump...I'm in the same boat. If it was averaging 8-10 weeks when I put in my application, and there are any further delays (things get worse, application gets lost, etc.) I can easily be in this situation. When I bought the gun, I didn't plan to move. My brother (my roommate) decided at the last moment that he wants to move out and we need to put in our 60 day notice in a about a week. So, even with no problems, I'm cutting it close.

So, what happens if you move while waiting for the MSP to finish processing your paperwork for a firearm? Now, make it more complicated. Since I'm moving anyway, what if I move to VA?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    highly doubt of slowdown or holds... just make sure contact your ffl and possibly msp to report new address.

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    What if I move to VA before the firearm is released? Since I was a MD resident when I put in the app am I OK, or does my old FFL now have to do a transfer to a VA FFL since I am now an out of state resident and have not yet taken possession of the gun?

I guess I should wait until I know if that will be the situation before I worry (who knows, maybe MSP will get a slew of applications processed and I'll hear mine is ready in a few days :D or more likely, it will come through days or a week or two before my move). I'm sure, while rare, it has happened before. Probably my FFL would know what to do, and certainly I can call the MSP barracks to find out what to do. Still, if anyone knows how that works, I'd love to hear about it.

Reaux

Apr 22, 2013
    Hagerstown , Maryland
    What if I move to VA before the firearm is released? Since I was a MD resident when I put in the app am I OK, or does my old FFL now have to do a transfer to a VA FFL since I am now an out of state resident and have not yet taken possession of the gun?

I guess I should wait until I know if that will be the situation before I worry (who knows, maybe MSP will get a slew of applications processed and I'll hear mine is ready in a few days :D or more likely, it will come through days or a week or two before my move). I'm sure, while rare, it has happened before. Probably my FFL would know what to do, and certainly I can call the MSP barracks to find out what to do. Still, if anyone knows how that works, I'd love to hear about it.

im in the same boat my ffl sayed to wait until i get my firearm to do the change of address i needed to have a Maryland license that i used on the application present to pick up my gun

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    im in the same boat my ffl sayed to wait until i get my firearm to do the change of address i needed to have a Maryland license that i used on the application present to pick up my gun

Or get your VA license. Have them transferred to a VA ffl and enjoy them this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom