• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I have never hear of such a law, and I imagine it is more of a book keeping issue or Store policy. For example, a few of my team mates and I were allowed to complete in a firearms Competition. Since we were representing our unit, and it was a law enforce competition we were allowed to use our duty weapon and ammunition. I still can still hear the armorer to this day tell us not to bring back any left over ammo, we had to shoot it all. I could understand it, can you imagine having to account for several hundred loose rounds at every shift change.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    I have had that happen, with ammo, at a local shop. I literally got to my truck, realized the boxes were mixed up and I had two 12ga boxes in with the 20 ga I wanted. Turned around and walked back in to return the 12s and was told can't take ammo back, after a brief and pleasant exchange it was accepted this time since I had literally only been out of the store for 45 seconds. They are afraid of switch and bait or tampering and the resulting liability issues..

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I am from the "Show Me State" verbal Lawyering is not valid. "Just because" is not a good answer in my book...

I've seen the restock percentage upcharge per the Store Policy...

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    This is typical for a society that reveres big government. It isn't enough to say it is store policy, people feel that the government and its bloated regulations are near scriptural justification for anything. In reality, in a free market economy, where the consumer rules, companies get to decide if they will try to attract customers with policies that favor them.

When a person standing in front of you wants something you don't want to give them, its easier to say some party not present is to blame ( gee pal I really like you and would LOVE to help, but those quys over there say I can't. You wouldn't want to get me in trouble, would you?)

When anyone quotes law I look them straight in the eye and reply "please cite the section of COMAR or CFR that contains those provisions"

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I know you cant return ammo to Cabelas. Store policy.

I'm fine with store policies. There are plenty of bad folks out there that would love to hurt shooters and destroy their guns by rigging up a round to explode. Stores have to protect themselves and their customers. My problem is with people blaming a store policy on a non-existent law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom