CFL Lands, Non Transparent Backdoor Bid Process with Award Unavailable to the General Public

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    The state just awarded a 10 year lease to public owned CFL's in the most game rich environment locally that I can think of outside Tudors old place in a non public transparent agreement. The deal was crafted outside of any other interest to even have a chance at a bid.
    Bureaucracy and outdoors aristocracy in its finest example that I can think of.
    The parcel, located just north of the Vienna scale house known as Bradley Rd which backs up to the Nanticoke on its east bank has been deemed subject to 4 wheeler encroachment, poaching and littering by unknown official sources and a sweet deal made that precludes the opportunity for rank and file tax paying citizens to enjoy premium sika, waterfowl and whitetail hunting in its finest capacity even by a lottery process.
    Language provided by a representative of the state of Md has been made public that describes a stipulation agreed upon by the lessor that they will patrol and keep the area clean as part of the ten year agreement which is the largest crock of BS that could be foisted upon an unsuspecting public hunting interest. It is comprised of about 500 acres of smoking deer/ associated hunting real estate, is already established with a walking trail and the lucky bunch will graciously allow public use of the walking trails as part of the agreement!
    Coincidentally, the agreement just also happens to coincide for the first year a sika stamp has been required by hunters who pursue the species. Double insulting if one were to ask me personally though I may still declare. Who would have guessed!
    I understand many may have no objection, but I must say I'm particularly taken by the brazen disregard even for the elitist in charge to even advance such a shameful venture knowing going in they dont give Fuc in the first place. I should know better yes, your right.
    But anyway one good turn deserves another and the responsible person can be contacted over to Snow Hill if anyone gives a damn anyhow. Some of you may have already saw what the state is doing to local landowners in regards to owners of private lands in the past for what I posted here. Maybe dont care, Concerned, no skin whatever thats your gig and your decision and good for you.

ll part with. Make sure you purchase a sika tag and dont leave home without it. Especially if thats your thing, you'll thank yourself later I'm sure.
    I think I may go over there tomorrow and hang a stand for next week. Maybe turn some Amish boys on to it. They like to hunt wherever they please maybe it was them for all I know who cut the deal. Who knows.
    Fuc em all Im starting to think anyway.
    Rant over.
    Enjoy your Friday, stay vigilant and safe this entre W>E>!!
    Especially on the water or in the woods.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That sucks. All state leases should be open to a very public lottery at a minimum.

In general, I don't think public land should be leased.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    More info

Attachments

• TT tract.PNG
      TT tract.PNG
      72.3 KB · Views: 75

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    I THOUGHT the original deal was for existing leases at the time the CFL properties became State would be honored, and then turned public, when current leases ended, excepting a few small, poor accesss properties.

My surprised face!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Maryland politics good old boys network in full swing. You just need to belong to the right party, contribute generously, and scratch the right backs.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    The measure got hung up on Forestry admins desks for about two weeks or so after public debate.
    Someone representing the state just let me know the other day they said fuq it were letting them have it.
    This Denise Snyder is no good.
    We've dealt with her on other land issues and she and her bunch are full on leftists if you ask me.
    I'm going to go over there one day and check it out.
    Md hunters and the outdoors public took it hard on this one if you ask me but oh well maybe they'll push a bunch of deer out of there into the neighboring properties.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I’m not in the “know” enough to understand the full scope of what’s happening with state purchases of land and the control of such but from little bit I do know I find it very concerning. I’ve seen a couple deals go down that show it’s not in the common man’s interest.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Basically taxpayer based funding has provided a number of pulp timber land’s specifically slated for hunting opportunities.
    Some have been made public, others are leased to the highest bidder.
    The Tyler tract has been leased to a special group without being made subject to a public bid process.
    I’m surprised this portion didn’t go to the feds.
    Theirs lots and lots of tracts that the Refuge is taking over specifically in the same area.
    Forestry, uses maps created by Chesapeake pulp mills from Virginia to identify property boundaries.
    Not county tax maps or surveys conveyed with land deeds.

magnumpi

Jan 16, 2013
    Westminster MD
    That is some serious BULLSH*T! In my opinion all that CFL property should have been made open to public access as the original leases expired. At the very least all leases should be open to public lottery, and be short term, not 10 years. Sounds like whoever acquired that lease got a hell of a sweet deal. I wonder if the local Salisbury TV stations would be interested in this story of closed door deals and good old boy favoritism?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    My buddy owns the farm right across the river from this place and it’s a veritable paradise for waterfowl, fishing and crabbing and sika - Wt. Turkey etc.
    A thousand yard + rifle range.
    Multiple tens of thousands to lease it. Multiple.
    What kills me is additional stamps and fees for licensing rank and file hunters for forest game.
    They’re going to pick up trash and have a walking path for the public for a special bid process. Lol.
    Problems with four wheelers.
    I bet theirs no public record of any fines or court proceedings stemming from such.
    None.
    Woodmont East it looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom