• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmbstyle

Sep 22, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    I am looking to get my stripped AR15 lower, upper and rail Cerakoted. I want to get it done in a mixture of 60% burnt bronze and 40% graphite black. Where should I go to have it done? Are there any places in MD that are recommended or places online?

Thanks

baltech

Feb 23, 2013
    I had a custom pistol done at bollingers and a lower done at freestate. The lower was also burnt bronze, graphite black mixture. Both places did excellent work, for me freestate was closer.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I had a custom pistol done at bollingers and a lower done at freestate. The lower was also burnt bronze, graphite black mixture. Both places did excellent work, for me freestate was closer.

how was pricing?

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I spoke to bollingers not long ago about getting a stripped lower/upper and handguard done in grey. Think it was priced at $200.

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    Ceracoat

You can take to Duffy's as well. Since I will be the person doing the job I can guarantee it will be done right. Also no waiting. Right now we could have that done in a week or less turn around.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    How do you touch up scratches?

There was another thread, about a C&R where the owner was complaining about ceracote changing tolerances and making mag release and other stuff more difficult.

Is that a common complaint?

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Can you guys post addresses or links to the places you mention to get Cerakote done please. I may have some specimens that I want done. Also I have been seeing people on MD Shooters recommending getting barrels Nitrited/Nitrided? Who does that and how much?

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    scratches

On a properly ceracoated gun light scratches will not be something you will need to be worried about. This finish is extremely durable, and will stand up to pretty much anything you can throw at it. You can find Duffy's and Bollingers in the IP section of the forum. I'll be going up to Duffy's tonight to do a couple rifles, and I always have the time to do ceracoating on a weekly basis. Bring it to Duffy's this week and you will have it back next week.

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    Duffys does excellent work. They have done many projects for me. I did have Bollingers do a pistol before Duffys started up and it was equally great work. You will not be disappointed with either IP

BurtonRW

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    I'm sure Bollingers and Duffys are great, but if you don't mind spending some extra $$ on shipping, Brad Cummings at Cummings Custom Refinishing (ccrrefinishing.com) does impeccable work and his proprietary finish is quite a bit more durable than cerakote in my experience. He won't get you the fastest turnaround, but his prices are very reasonable.

-Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom