• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    2 of my friends have wasr10s and they have never had a problem.. another has a century yugo m70ab2 underfolder and its never had a problem either..
    People conplain of canted sights and gas blocks though.. they say they have poor quality control at century. .
    I wouldnt be against owning one.. I went with the romanian m10 by m+m though.
    Whatever u do.. dont pay too much for one.. and be sure to let us know.. pics and range report plz!

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    The era of awful century rifles seems to be waning fast. Recent examples have been far less plagued with issues than in the past. Handle one in person and go from there

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    IMO knowing I wouldn't be able to get anymore AKs in the coming days I probably would buy something quality that I know will last. Just me, Century Arms has a rocky rep..

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    most dealers in MD are willing to do a transfer from atlantic. call around, find out who's doing 8th day release, and go through that dealer so you aren't waiting until february to receive your rifle.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ive had a few, are they all star quality not at all but do they ususally shoot. Like some of the others the variability lately seems less than it was a couple years ago (less dremel hack jobs on magwells).

If possible buy in person so you can appropriately evaluate the fit and finish.

usmctankmech

Feb 5, 2013
    Manchester,MD
    Ok ill keep that in mind. Im actually look for just an AK. One for home defense/ the end of the world. It doesnt have to be a Century Arms. Damn I should check the FS section.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Ok I guess I just like the Synthetic Furniture, especially like whats found on the AK103

The synthetic furniture is garbage on the gp75 anyway. If you want the synthetic look go with Kvar furniture that is copied and spec'ed to what the AK-103 furniture is.

AK furniture is not hard to swap out and there are just as many different types of it available like there are for the AR.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    the GP '75 model is one to avoid if only because one made with higher-quality components can be had for little more, and will last a *LOT* longer.

Feb 28, 2013
    AK furniture is not hard to swap out and there are just as many different types of it available like there are for the AR.

It's not? I have my WASR stripped down and I'm sanding the wood now. I would like to have the wood completely off but that didn't look possible without breaking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom