Attachments

• century arms.jpg
      century arms.jpg
      13.7 KB · Views: 748

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    100% legal; I have a number of them. It's just the latest MKE MP5 to be imported. They are NOT manufactured by century, only imported by them. Manufacturing is done by MKE, a state run military arsenal, in Turkey, on German machinery sourced when they signed a production license with HK. They were first brought in by a company called ATI back in 2009-10 and sold as the At94 with a 16" heavy chrome lined barrel. Then Zenith imported them for a while as the Z5. Now, century brings them as the AP5. I have an HK SP5 too for comparison. I've been in the MKE game since the beginning and I can tell you from much experience, both in shooting and numbers owned, they are every bit as well made as the HK's and all parts interchange because they are just a license built HK made in Turkey. I buy one pretty much every time I see it for sale because I love them so much. Also available and on the roster are "K" and "PDW" versions. Put a brace on one and it's accurate to 100+ meters too. I HIGHLY recommend them.

BTW, you can buy the PTR offering cheaper but you get what you pay for. Recently, there was a guy at a shop considering a PTR. I asked if I could help and we took apart the PTR, an MKE and an HK. All parts would interchange between the HK and MKE but the PTR was the odd man out. I'll give you one guess which one ended up being bought. Let Quality make your decision, not price.

Last edited:

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    100% legal; I have a number of them. It's just the latest MKE MP5 to be imported. They are NOT manufactured by century, only imported by them. Manufacturing is done by MKE, a state run military arsenal, in Turkey, on German machinery sourced when they signed a production license with HK. They were first brought in by a company called ATI back in 2009-10 and sold as the At94 with a 16" heavy chrome lined barrel. Then Zenith imported them for a while as the Z5. Now, century brings them as the AP5. I have an HK SP5 too for comparison. I've been in the MKE game since the beginning and I can tell you from much experience, both in shooting and numbers owned, they are every bit as well made as the HK's and all parts interchange because they are just a license built HK made in Turkey. I buy one pretty much every time I see it for sale because I love them so much. Also available and on the roster are "K" and "PDW" versions. Put a brace on one and it's accurate to 100+ meters too. I HIGHLY recommend them.

BTW, you can buy the PTR offering cheaper but you get what you pay for. Recently, there was a guy at a shop considering a PTR. I asked if I could help and we took apart the PTR, an MKE and an HK. All parts would interchange between the HK and MKE but the PTR was the odd man out. I'll give you one guess which one ended up being bought. Let Quality make your decision, not price.

I did the exact same thing. Zenith was importing the MKE and the decision was an easy one.

dnMlZXY.jpg

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    I just got married 3- weeks and you guys are gonna get me divorced real quick ! Shot the full auto MP5 suppressed while in Vegas and it was freaking awesome.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I did the exact same thing. Zenith was importing the MKE and the decision was an easy one.

dnMlZXY.jpg

Nice! Hafer's Guns has one of these at their WV store as I type this. I saw it just this morning but did not note the price.

I've been a roller guy since the 80's. They never get old:

Feb 28, 2013
    Is this still a SBR if the stock is brazed or something so it doesn’t slide out?

Attachments

• 6B53C917-C8A6-4263-87DA-AA8A8B29E547.jpg
      6B53C917-C8A6-4263-87DA-AA8A8B29E547.jpg
      68.1 KB · Views: 359

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Nice! Hafer's Guns has one of these at their WV store as I type this. I saw it just this morning but did not note the price.

I've been a roller guy since the 80's. They never get old:

Thanks. Is that your collection? :shocked4: If so, I’ll just be over here drooling.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Yes sir, that's part of it. I took that picture some years ago. I started buying back in the 80's when we really were the Free State.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I'm not a lawyer but I'm fairly certain that, if the stock is welded closed, it becomes an endcap and that remains a pistol.

Pretty sure this is right

You can Form 1 it and cut the welds after its approved

I think you used to be able to get those goofy PPSH-esque pistols this way. Folding stock was tack welded. Can't remember the model.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Since 2013, you can't make an SBR out of an MP5 in standard configuration in this gulag state because it's under 29 inches. You have to either lengthen the stock or the barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom