• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squints68

May 28, 2009
    pasadena
    what centerfire pistol would you recommend for 25yd. target shooting in 9mm.?? i have fondle a browning for a$1000, a few sig's 250,229 $800-950, a glock 17.23, a Taurus but have not shot any of them.so what do you guys/gals think?? :party29:

mark1070

Nov 13, 2010
    south of Annapolis
    I really like the Glock 34. With a trigger kit, it'll take you into most competitions if you ever choose to compete. It comes with a 4.5 lb trigger and the rear sights are adjustable so it's pretty good out of the box.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I would probably go with the Sig 226 if picking one 9mm again, you can get a nice .22/9mm option with the 2 step. Great starter pistol and accurate.

Step 1. Buy Sig 226 in .22

Extremely accurate, they will hic-up on cheap ammo somewhat (for example on some loads mine jams the 2nd round of every mag but not on others).

100_1002.JPG

Step 2. Buy the centerfire top-end of your choice

100_1003.JPG

I have this gun set-up for .22,.357 and .40 S&W (22 slide and .357/.40SW slide with extra barrel) for less than $1,000 total.

CZ makes a full range of very nice tweaked versions of their CZ75 suitable for target shooting. A little more than they used to be but a very good platform to get started on.

IMG_0862.JPG

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    All of the above really arent target pistols per say, with except CZ models.

Theres really only a few 9mm guns that could be considered "Target"

S&W 952
    SIG P210
    Walther P88
    USP Elite
    CZ Custom Models

HK P7's are also VERY accurate, but really are not a target pistol.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007

S&W 952
    SIG P210
    Walther P88
    USP Elite
    CZ Custom Models

+1 on the sig p210.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

S&W 952
    SIG P210
    Walther P88
    USP Elite
    CZ Custom Models

I would absolutely agree with that, I read into the options he was suggesting that he sort of wanted to upgrade a little from the Ruger. If I was buying an entry level competition gun it would be the CZ SP01 Shadow from the custom shop

http://czcustom.com/shadowtarget.aspx

10_CZ75SP01_Target_png_637x200_q85.png

These guys make some mean guns.........I gotta learn to shoot what I got a lot better before I upgrade to something like that.

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    CZ would be a great choice being that you have $1000 cap. Glock 34 is hard to beat in the lower price range. If you are looking at serious target shooting, keep an open mind to a 1911 in a 38 super. Buy once, cry once.

squints68

May 28, 2009
    pasadena

S&W 952
    SIG P210
    Walther P88
    USP Elite
    CZ Custom Models

for the price of these guns i would just buy another 1911 style kimber in 9mm all tricked out and be done. im trying to keep it at $1000 give or take a few

squints68

May 28, 2009
    pasadena
    CZ would be a great choice being that you have $1000 cap. Glock 34 is hard to beat in the lower price range. If you are looking at serious target shooting, keep an open mind to a 1911 in a 38 super. Buy once, cry once.

i already have a1911 kimber in 45 that i love to shoot(she was my first) but want to shoot 9mm for the cost of ammo

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    for the price of these guns i would just buy another 1911 style kimber in 9mm all tricked out and be done

Well good accurate guns arent really cheap. The above guns are meant to be 9mm. The 1911 in 9mm is just wrong, its like **** on a bull.

Get a BHP if you want a JMB design in 9mm.

This is my advice, if you dont like it, its cool. It is what it is.

squints68

May 28, 2009
    pasadena
    Well good accurate guns arent really cheap. The above guns are meant to be 9mm. The 1911 in 9mm is just wrong, its like **** on a bull.

Get a BHP if you want a JMB design in 9mm.

This is my advice, if you dont like it, its cool. It is what it is.

ok what is BHP and JMB???

actionpistolshooter

Nov 11, 2009
    Dunkirk, MD
    what centerfire pistol would you recommend for 25yd. target shooting in 9mm.?? i have fondle a browning for a$1000, a few sig's 250,229 $800-950, a glock 17.23, a Taurus but have not shot any of them.so what do you guys/gals think?? :party29:

What kind of "target" shooting are you thinking of? Bullseye? Action shooting(IDPA, USPSA, Bianchi Cup, etc.)? Informal plinking? You said 25 yrd so I'm assuming Bullseye.

I'd suggest going to a match and see what shooters as using and ask around. Might find a great used gun at a huge savings compared to new.

If its just informal, get what fits you hand and go have fun! :D :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom