• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I picked this up on Sig Forum from some Cecil County folks.

http://www.ccgov.org/uploads/Council/INTRO.40.2013.secondamendmentpreservation.pdf

Give it a good read, it's very nice. I have contacted Councilman Dunn to see if any help is needed to get this passed but he has not replied yet (it's the weekend). It's not listed on the County web site yet but it states review will be on the 21st. I'll try to keep everyone informed, if you have any news please chime in. This would a thorn in MOM's side and may catch on in other counties across the State. Chris

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    I like what they are doing, and they may be first to put such in writing. How ever, it is not a new idea. Other counties are looking at similar approaches, as they rightfully should. I only have one minor thing with it. Why to they specifically limit fully automatic firearms from it. Under the Miller case, full auto should be protected by the second amendment just as much as any firearm.

blackseven

Regular Guy
    Aug 30, 2011
    Dunn was absent (sick I think) when the council initially voted on McCarthys BS no teeth resolution. They held off on this version until dunn came back. Hopefully they adopt Dunns wording instead. Campaign4Liberty in cecil county came up with most of it I believe.

lurker

Mar 18, 2013
    From now on I will no longer sarcastically say that I am proud to be from Ceciltucky, I will say it with my head held high and a lip full off tobaccy!
    (Actually as much as I badmouth it I do love Ceciltucky - with the exception of Elkton of course)

Fellow Ceciltuckians,

I would like to share about my recent experience regarding Diana Broomell. While attending a C4L meeting earlier this month, just after the Cecil County meeting that approved the resolution in opposition to SB281, I noticed that Diana Broomell was in attendance at the C4L meeting. After the meeting, I introduced myself to her and we discussed the version that was passed and was shocked to find out that she is still working to bring forward the Rothchild version (much more pro-2nd A), as an ordinance...... An ordinance carries much more weight and has "teeth". Diana is also working with other counties to try to create a multi-county resistance to this tyrannical law. Please call and show our support for her efforts. We need more folks like her!

Diana's contact information:
    Diana Broomell

Cecil County Council, District 4

200 Chesapeake Blvd., Suite 2100

Elkton, Maryland 21921

Office: 410.996.5201

Email: dbroomell@ccgov.org

Fax: 410.996.1014

www.dianabroomell.com

Molon Labe,
    Dean

Users who are viewing this thread