• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Ah, forgot to tell you guys. The methadone clinic that has been having such a hard time finding a new location FOUND one.

The old "Warehouse" pub, aka SanLin Lounge (AKA creepy Chinese mafia place at the bottom of the hill near the "Old Y").

This business must be very very profiatble. They bought 65 acres of M2 (heavy industrial) zoned property with the ~3k sq ft building, $1.1MIL.

Trick is, this M2 zoned property is untouchable by neighbors, they can't complain about sights, smells, noise,..... nothing. They have no say in what you do there, when you do or for how long. All this time they have been coming up against angry neighbors who don't want zombies wandering around all morning near their house,... no more worries about that. There is NO public input as to what you do on this type of zoning.

Remember when they were fighting to get the old hotel and the place on Belle Hill they kept saying they needed a spot with sidewalks lol see how that worked out

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Remember when they were fighting to get the old hotel and the place on Belle Hill they kept saying they needed a spot with sidewalks lol see how that worked out

Imagine the number of insane broadside accidents there will be with people dosing methadone and taking Xanax pulling out into 70mph traffic on 40.
    The foot traffic in and out of the Manor to get over to these two clinics is non-stop.

I'm not really sure what would correct an addicts behavior or drive to get/stay high. I'd like to know the REAL toll on the average taxpayer though.

I can tell you that when you are purchasing a 65 acre parcel of M2 property, you've got some very serious money coming in.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Imagine the number of insane broadside accidents there will be with people dosing methadone and taking Xanax pulling out into 70mph traffic on 40.
    The foot traffic in and out of the Manor to get over to these two clinics is non-stop.

I'm not really sure what would correct an addicts behavior or drive to get/stay high. I'd like to know the REAL toll on the average taxpayer though.

I can tell you that when you are purchasing a 65 acre parcel of M2 property, you've got some very serious money coming in.

The car wrecks aint what I am worried about , its the pedestrians getting hit that will mess drivers up , thinking major train wreck

They were paving the parking lot this afternoon. Must be full steam ahead.

Waiting for them to but the bus stop there :D

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    The car wrecks aint what I am worried about , its the pedestrians getting hit that will mess drivers up , thinking major train wreck

Waiting for them to but the bus stop there :D

Oh there is absolutely no doubt that they will. All you ever see at those brand new... Expensive bus stops are dope heads heading to the clinic. After all... Why should they have to pay for fuel or find their own way there.

I cannot imagine the drugs that have gone to and from Elkton on those Cecil Transit busses.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Ah, forgot to tell you guys. The methadone clinic that has been having such a hard time finding a new location FOUND one.

The old "Warehouse" pub, aka SanLin Lounge (AKA creepy Chinese mafia place at the bottom of the hill near the "Old Y").

This business must be very very profiatble. They bought 65 acres of M2 (heavy industrial) zoned property with the ~3k sq ft building, $1.1MIL.

Trick is, this M2 zoned property is untouchable by neighbors, they can't complain about sights, smells, noise,..... nothing. They have no say in what you do there, when you do or for how long. All this time they have been coming up against angry neighbors who don't want zombies wandering around all morning near their house,... no more worries about that. There is NO public input as to what you do on this type of zoning.

You're talking about the closed down Chinese place on Rt. 40 with the big buddha statue out front? I never went in there, but I saw the property has been for sale a while.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    You're talking about the closed down Chinese place on Rt. 40 with the big buddha statue out front? I never went in there, but I saw the property has been for sale a while.

Yeah. Place was covered up like bees today when I went past. They're going hard on it for sure. Would have never guessed it was 65 acres. Not surprised its Heavy Industrial zoning, everything across the street is also.

Now, usually when you develop a site like that off of a highway you're required to to major egress (or whatever they call it) work to get the curbing, entrance and exits correct.

Wonder if the County will require that for them, or if they're good to go since they provide such a valuable service to all of our non-working addicts.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

Amazing what one can do with as little as 1.1 MILLION (plus) dollars and a few weeks time.

Effin road projects take months on end to get done, if ever even done. Private business can go from a shitty abandoned restaurant to a clinic FULL of customers in a month flat.

I'm in the wrong business.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I hear that on road projects, its amazing what was accomplished 50 years ago as ccompared to progress today.

I will say some construction companies (if they haven't been bought out by a bigger company) are known for being slow. Talking stuff like Inspectors showing up to the job site mid week/mid day and no one is there working.:wtf:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I was being sarcastic about the $1.1MIL. I bet they have a ton of money into it after the purchase, hard to say really, doubt it would be less than another $200K to get up and running though.

There's money in dope, that's been proven time and time again over the years.

How long before the first zombie is killed walking along route 40?

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

Amazing what one can do with as little as 1.1 MILLION (plus) dollars and a few weeks time.

Effin road projects take months on end to get done, if ever even done. Private business can go from a shitty abandoned restaurant to a clinic FULL of customers in a month flat.

I'm in the wrong business.

They were always working on it though. I pass there 4 am people working coming home 7pm still working

_JT_

Jan 30, 2009
    Cecil County
    It's crazy that my tax dollars will be paying not only for their "Treatment". We also have to foot the bill on the Joe's Taxi and eventual Bus rides there.

Methadone should only be given out at secure hospital facilities, not a for profit business who's main focus will always be Profit 1st.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I know... Nottingham is really nice too. Only thing holding me back right now is the aggravation of selling a home.

And what an aggravation it can be. I think the market it going to be hot come spring time (early April or so).

We sold our house in 3 days flat back in late August, first and only people to look, damn near full price. :thumbsup:

redneckhunter

Mar 4, 2013
    I work in elkton and from what i hear the man that owns that company that does the drug treatments is also the doctor that either owns/started suboxen or has some kind of doctor tie in. So prtty much state pays him as a doctor and he gets paid for the meds. Kind of getting paid twice. Which shouldnt be allowed

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    And what an aggravation it can be. I think the market it going to be hot come spring time (early April or so).

We sold our house in 3 days flat back in late August, first and only people to look, damn near full price. :thumbsup:

I hope so... I am going to be painting the house pretty soon (inside) then probably just paying Lowe's to put in a new mid-grade floor. Was thinking about trying to list it in the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom