• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    The bear was in a friend of mines back yard yesterday, heading over towards my uncles farm. He was shot at (not directly but into the ground) by a guy over in the dogwood area, DNR and CCSO was on site trying to get the bear to move on away from the residents.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The bear was in a friend of mines back yard yesterday, heading over towards my uncles farm. He was shot at (not directly but into the ground) by a guy over in the dogwood area, DNR and CCSO was on site trying to get the bear to move on away from the residents.

Why don't they just trap him and relocate him to a safer area?

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Seems a high speed chase in Elkton , led to the POS hitting the back of a flagging truck (which landed on its side) . So far they are saying 5 injured and 1 arrested . Was hoping the POS would of been DOA

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Seems a high speed chase in Elkton , led to the POS hitting the back of a flagging truck (which landed on its side) . So far they are saying 5 injured and 1 arrested . Was hoping the POS would of been DOA

The POS never seems to end up dead, always some innocent bystander.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    My brother was there all day. He is local SHA. Apparently the ones hurt were the contractors, go figure. The driver was apparently fine.

Isn't that the way it always goes.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Got a first hand view of the whole thing work at the corner of 279 and blueball road helicopter lande in my works ball field

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Saw that this morning. I think everyone knew that was going to happen.

Only going to get worse. Luckily this time it was a solo accident. Next time it may involve a vehicle, or a semi, or whatever else.

Wonder if they have thought of what the fallout will be when some yayhoo rides a bike out there halfway and jumps off of the bridge.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    For those who don't want to "sign up".
    The clever among you will figure out what I did.

WEZ5MSw.png

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I don't know if it's a big deal or not, people have been biking across Conowingo Dam for a while, think how narrow it is on the Harford County side the first few hundred feet.

With the way people drive, I can't imagine enjoying riding a bike anywhere in this area (Harford).

Pgas32

Mar 10, 2015
    Cecil
    I don't know if it's a big deal or not, people have been biking across Conowingo Dam for a while, think how narrow it is on the Harford County side the first few hundred feet.

With the way people drive, I can't imagine enjoying riding a bike anywhere in this area (Harford).

I've cycled across the Conowingo, from Cecil to Harford. Definitely wasn't fun, but also wasn't terrible. There are some tremendous roads to ride in Harford if you head north from the dam and follow the Susquehanna up.

I'm willing to bet that not only am I in the minority here by being a cyclist, but also that there are plenty of fellow members who would smoke me out and run me off the road. I fully understand that many cyclists (especially when in groups) can be frustrating and even rude to motorists, but I have no qualms about using as much road as I need to when necessary (like passing by the generator house at Conowingo). FWIW, I would never cross the Hatam - too long, too narrow, too slow.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    BLM gathering/march tomorrow in Elkton. Assembly point is Meadow park I read. Supposedly a march through town to local PD. I heard 5-8PM. Not a lot of ingress/egress there.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Probably looking for a break from the heat. Elkton PD posts the mug shots of arrests and it's amazing how often you see the same people on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom