• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Infosec Guy

Sep 20, 2009
    Columbia MD
    For the past two days, I've been doing something that all inhabitants of the People's Republik of Marylandistan should be able to enjoy: Concealed Carry, thanks to the awesomeness of the State of Utah.

I left for a road-trip/vacation to see an old friend on Wednesday evening, and as soon as I hit the PA state line, I holstered up and put my CCW permit in my shirt pocket. My trip through PA included checking in at a cheap motel and a trip to Starbucks to support them and my caffeine addiction. Thursday took me through Ohio and Indiana, with a couple of rest stops and more Starbucks.

Yesterday and today have been odd. I KNOW that everywhere I go, someone is going to see a G34 on my hip and freak out. But it hasn't happened.

Yesterday included a trip to a very nice gun store, and today has included two gun stores and a firing range. I've played with my Glock and AR, and my friend's AK-47, Mosin Nagant, and a handful of pistols. Much fun has been had.

As the weekend wears on, I'm getting more and more comfortable with a gun on my hip. I know its there, and sure, someone else might notice it, but nothing's been said. So far.

I think tonight we'll make a trek to a Walmart, since that appears to be a huge ritual on the GlockTalk forum.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
    Perry

STSCM

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2008
    Lusby, MD
    Man enjoy. I just got mine, but haven't had a chance to use it. Still stuck in the Peoples Democratic Republik of Maryland. C**p.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    I'm vacationing to nearby Williamsburg next weekend, and I can't wait to carry concealed as soon as I cross the Potomac, for three days. There really is a free world out there, can't wait to visit it!

STSCM

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2008
    Lusby, MD
    I'm vacationing to nearby Williamsburg next weekend, and I can't wait to carry concealed as soon as I cross the Potomac, for three days. There really is a free world out there, can't wait to visit it!

Why is it your comments depress the c**p out of me here..:sad20:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I was on a trip to Philly this week and as soon as I finished giving Delaware the finger, I pulled over and loaded up.

I went to the park, and was safe, I rode SEPTA, and was safe.

Aye it was a glorious two days.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Congrats Infosec!

I guess being in Va, I take for granted the ease of carrying here. I wish all of my Maryland brothers could experience the gun freedom of Virginia.

Y'all are welcome here anytime!

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    STSCM,
    I guess it is because you:
    1) Don't have your Virginia NRCHP
    2) Are not planning any vacations soon
    3) Feel constrained living in the Demoratik Republik of Marylandistan
    4) Never enjoyed the feeling of walking down the street with you favorite handgun under your shirt
    Keep voting; Follow and support MSI; Get your Va NRCHP!

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    On our trip to and from Tucson, I will have carried in VA, TN, AR, TX, AZ, LA, MS, AL, FL AND NC.

The only places thus far posted were restaurants in Tombstone, AZ!

Many establishments in TX display a sign saying carrying a concealed firearm without having a permit is a felony. I haven't seen a 30.06 sign as yet.

It is great to be in America!

Infosec Guy

Sep 20, 2009
    Columbia MD
    When I left MD, it felt really weird to have a pistol on my hip. And I was constantly checking to make sure that it was still properly concealed. When I got back to Breezewood PA and put it back in the case, it felt even weirder.

I guess I'll either have to go on more vacations to CCW-friendly states, or I'll have to do more to help lobby for Shall-Issue in MD. Or both.

Meanwhile, I get to do it again in 2 weeks, with a road trip through VA & TN, and then again in MD, with a camping trip to NC.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    So, I carried for three days in Williamsburg this past weekend. It was uneventful, but still, a good feeling. Then, just before crossing the Potomac back into Maryland, I pulled over, unloaded, and tucked my H&K P7 into it's gun case. What a depressing end to a great weekend...

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Instead of vacation I started dating a girl in DE, I get to carry whenever I'm walking my dog in her neighborhood. Only problem is she wants to move in to my place in MD...

SonoraRebel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    On our trip to and from Tucson, I will have carried in VA, TN, AR, TX, AZ, LA, MS, AL, FL AND NC.

The only places thus far posted were restaurants in Tombstone, AZ!

Many establishments in TX display a sign saying carrying a concealed firearm without having a permit is a felony. I haven't seen a 30.06 sign as yet.

It is great to be in America!

The 'bar' owners in Tombstone had a collective pow-wow when the AZ CWP/CCW law went into effect for carrying concealed in places that sell alcohol on premises. They opted to continue 'No Weapons' (including blades of any type) under their right as private property owners. Six Gun City, at the corner of 5th 'n Toughnut will let you check your guns at the entrance. The Smoke Signals smoke shop on Allen St. will let you hang your guns behind the counter. Because of the sheer numbers of folks carryin' guns in Tombstone (at times), I think they're overwhelmed.

There was a time when I could take off my gunbelt, wrap it around the holster and hand it to a barkeep most anywhere (here). But, the influx of noobs from anti-gun states who are workin' here now have put a dent in that. They tend to bring their anti-gun baggage with 'em. I'm originally from MD.... but have lost any vestiges of that culture. I've open carried here and New Mexico from day one. The CWP/CCW concealed permits didn't begin here 'til '94 and in '04 for NM.

Now 'n then I'll encounter somebody from MD 'carryin' or have a house guest from back there and they're absolutely giddy to be able to openly carry a sidearm w/o any sort of hassle whatever. God I love Arizona! :)

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    I applied for my VA no res 2 weeks ago and already scheduled a vacation specifically out of state just to use it

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Now 'n then I'll encounter somebody from MD 'carryin' or have a house guest from back there and they're absolutely giddy to be able to openly carry a sidearm w/o any sort of hassle whatever. God I love Arizona! :)

Well, the party's about over. By week's end I'll be back in the Republic of Maryland and at the mercy of all those po' folks who had a troubled childhood.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The worst was heading to and from Smith Mountain Lake, VA a couple years ago soon after I moved to PA. Out of a 6 hr drive through 4 states, and week long vacation, I had to pull over and disarm for the 10 mile drive through MD on I-81, hit the WV line, re-armed, and kept on trucking.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    I was on a trip to Philly this week and as soon as I finished giving Delaware the finger, I pulled over and loaded up.

What's the problem with Delaware? They seem to honor Utah, FL, VA, etc.

Does Delaware have some weird rules even though they honor the permit?

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    I CCW in DE (FL non-resident permit) when I am over there. Completely uneventful.

I read on other forums that DE resident CCW permits are taking 6 months for processing lately. Why, I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom