• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Concealed and open carry both have their own benefits and issues, purposeful, or excessive printing while concealed has all the problems of both with none of the benefits, and adds the appearance of a lack of training that will probably draw unwanted attention from police or criminals.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I would think it's more difficult to be completely concealed during the summer months. Just due to the clothing one wears. Printing is inevitable during these months. But my opinion would be to try and stay concealed as much as possible.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I would think it's more difficult to be completely concealed during the summer months. Just due to the clothing one wears. Printing is inevitable during these months. But my opinion would be to try and stay concealed as much as possible.

Depends on body type and genetics also. Asides from not being a target for Daesh, and unable to be racist my Mexican blood means I tolerate heat very well. I still carry my G22 all summer long, often with a TLR-1 attached. Also I wear long pants and long sleeve shirts year round for work so that probably plays into it also.

If none of those factors apply to you you can also try a smaller gun like a G43 or an LC9S.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Depends on body type and genetics also. Asides from not being a target for Daesh, and unable to be racist my Mexican blood means I tolerate heat very well. I still carry my G22 all summer long, often with a TLR-1 attached. Also I wear long pants and long sleeve shirts year round for work so that probably plays into it also.

If none of those factors apply to you you can also try a smaller gun like a G43 or an LC9S.

I wish I could find a pocket holster for a KelTec P11. I've yet to be able to find a quality one.

Plenty of room to carry this pistol in a pair of shorts.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I can't envision any. Again, it actually makes things simpler. Instead of having to wonder if a target is armed, a mugger knows they are and where it is. Helps them plan a better attack.

I very much agree with Joppaj on this. Don't print. The bad guy has all the advantages. He picks the target, the time, the place and method of attack. If you print you could forgo the only advantage you would otherwise have: surprise when the bad guy is suddenly and unexpectedly confronted with looking down a barrel of your gun. I urge my students to learn to wear concealed, which best accomplished with IWB carry with a cover garment. Get the right gear and dress around the gun for concealment and access. Then get training (the NRA PPOTH course is excellent) and then practice, practice and practice some more.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Most of the time I'm running around in shorts and a basic t shirt. You can see my tattoos thru my tshirts if they are white but the gun doesn't seem to stand out unless I'm picking up a kid and it causes the shirt to pull tight against it With that being said I CCW daily and the only time I've ever noticed anyone looking at my gun was when I got up out of a chair at a restaurant and my shirt came up and got hung up over the gun. People from the next booth over saw it, it was pretty much right in their faces. Guy looked at me and smiled and that was that. Clearly I was not in Maryland because someone would have hit the floor screaming he's got a gun!!!!!

I'm always trying to see if people notice it. It doesn't seem like they do.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    People obsess over printing. Far more important are the mannerisms. Checking/tugging your cover garment constantly, resting your forearm on the heal of your sidearm, having a shitty belt and pulling your pants up/repositioning... Etc.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    People obsess over printing. Far more important are the mannerisms. Checking/tugging your cover garment constantly, resting your forearm on the heal of your sidearm, having a shitty belt and pulling your pants up/repositioning... Etc.

totally agree, but i'll add Situational awareness, know what is going on and where you are....

Do i care if I'm printing while walking the dog? no...but would if I'm at a place getting food or Walmart...

billymx48

Jun 20, 2015
    Printing is diffently a bad thing. I want the element of surprise to the threat. Its true that most non le or non military personnel don't look at people's waist line for a weapon but there is always a chance of a criminal scoping it out. Also in our beloved state of maryland that could get a visit from the local police to check ya out and is just a hassle. ( a good hassle because that means someone cares about the safety in that place of business etc.) Just my opinion.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    There is no valid reason to print. If you are printing, I know that you have a gun and your shirt is so tight that you can't draw that gun quickly. You do not know that I know that you have a gun. If I have nefarious intent, your advertising gave me all the advantages.
    Yes, I carry and yes I do look for concealed weapons on other people.

+1

PgRefugee

Jan 23, 2015
    Since I moved to the gunshine state I've never given it any thought. A commander size 1911 appendix carried under a lightweight button down seems to do the trick.

PgRefugee

Jan 23, 2015
    You'll learn to dress around the gun. Don't hesitate to ask the wife or a confidant if you are in fact printing.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    considering the amount of options for holster types and brands available today there is no excuse to print, regardless of body shape or size.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    considering the amount of options for holster types and brands available today there is no excuse to print, regardless of body shape or size.

Sure there is printing, no matter how good you think you are at concealment (unless you keep a winter coat on all day). Clothes combined with conscious movement help mitigate someone (joe citizen)from seeing, but there will always be a print somehow during the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom