• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok . First Post , could be legit , so feel one time generous ;

Yes , it's routine , indicates your App has move to next stage of the process .

Unless you have something massively sketchy in your background , they won't contact you or references .

More details in the multiple mega threads on the W&C process .

smerrill

Feb 14, 2023
    Arbutus
    Ok . First Post , could be legit , so feel one time generous ;

Yes , it's routine , indicates your App has move to next stage of the process .

Unless you have something massively sketchy in your background , they won't contact you or references .

More details in the multiple mega threads on the W&C process .
    Thank you for your reply. I have been hearing a lot of different things from different people so I figured I would go to the people with the most experience. I have a clean record with nothing to worry about of course I just want the process to go smooth and timely.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome aboard!

Perhaps post in the Introductions forum so we can know you better

Though you must add them to your app, no references and no employers will be contacted

We've heard from at least one person that Refs were contacted , but there were some Unique timeline circumstances .

But it's 99.999% probability of no Refrence or Employer to be called , nor an Interview

Added - But seriously , in the long threads , every little detail is discussed at mind numbing length .

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Does anybody know what this process entails, and is this normal?

Here are the two main threads pertaining to MD HGP post Bruen.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Thank you for your reply. I have been hearing a lot of different things from different people so I figured I would go to the people with the most experience. I have a clean record with nothing to worry about of course I just want the process to go smooth and timely.
    If it is anything like my passport renewal. Sad to say, I am officially dead from holding my breath.

Application submitted 12/26/2022 It has been " In Process" since then. BUT, I got an email yesterday,

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXXXX

Your Passport Application Number********** is now being reviewed by a U.S. Department of State employee. The length of time your application is "In Process" depends on the service you selected and our current processing times. Your application may remain at this stage for the longest period of time. Thank you for your patience while we test our system during this limited release of online passport renewal.
    We are currently processing routine applications in 8-11 weeks and expedited applications in 5-7 weeks from the date you submitted your application. Processing times do not include mailing times which may add several weeks on to the time it takes to receive your passport. Access your MyTravelGov account to check your application status. Click on "Manage Application" to upgrade to expedited service and 1-2 day delivery of your completed passport, or change your mailing address.
    We immediately canceled your most recent passport and you cannot use it for international travel while you wait for your new passport.
    Need support? If you are having technical issues, call 855-865-7750 or email PPTOPR@state.gov, Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm ET (closed federal holidays). Technical issues may include problems with your password, error messages, and blank screens. If you are traveling internationally in the next 14 days and have not received your passport, call 1-877-487-2778, Mon-Fri, 8am-10pm ET (closed federal holidays) for assistance.
    Sincerely,
    U.S. Department of State
    Passport Services
    *Please note: To help ensure the security of your personal information, we send an email notification any time your MyTravelGov account information is updated. You must log in to your account to view any communications from us. Please do not reply to this email, because this message was sent from an unattended address.

**Please note: This is not your passport number.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    If it is anything like my passport renewal. Sad to say, I am officially dead from holding my breath.

Application submitted 12/26/2022 It has been " In Process" since then. BUT, I got an email yesterday,

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXXXX

Your Passport Application Number********** is now being reviewed by a U.S. Department of State employee. The length of time your application is "In Process" depends on the service you selected and our current processing times. Your application may remain at this stage for the longest period of time. Thank you for your patience while we test our system during this limited release of online passport renewal.
    We are currently processing routine applications in 8-11 weeks and expedited applications in 5-7 weeks from the date you submitted your application. Processing times do not include mailing times which may add several weeks on to the time it takes to receive your passport. Access your MyTravelGov account to check your application status. Click on "Manage Application" to upgrade to expedited service and 1-2 day delivery of your completed passport, or change your mailing address.
    We immediately canceled your most recent passport and you cannot use it for international travel while you wait for your new passport.
    Need support? If you are having technical issues, call 855-865-7750 or email PPTOPR@state.gov, Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm ET (closed federal holidays). Technical issues may include problems with your password, error messages, and blank screens. If you are traveling internationally in the next 14 days and have not received your passport, call 1-877-487-2778, Mon-Fri, 8am-10pm ET (closed federal holidays) for assistance.
    Sincerely,
    U.S. Department of State
    Passport Services
    *Please note: To help ensure the security of your personal information, we send an email notification any time your MyTravelGov account information is updated. You must log in to your account to view any communications from us. Please do not reply to this email, because this message was sent from an unattended address.

**Please note: This is not your passport number.

that's really not too bad , a few months ago it was six months or better . sounds like you're on the way there .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom