• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • captain-kate

BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2012
    Hollywood, MD
    Does anyone know the closest place to get fingerprinting done for the Florida CCW permit? They require the fingerprints on standard FBI fingerprint cards (paper) and they MUST be done by a law enforcement agency. LIVESCAN can be done as long as the scanned prints can be transfered to the hard cards.

I'm in the Lexington Park area and work on base.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    the Prince Fredricks barracks of the calvert county sherrifs office did mine last week. call and get the times. i believe its mondays and wednesdays but call first.

gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    There is a new security place next to the Lighthouse Liquor store in Charlotte Hall. The one just north of Wentworths. The sign says they do fingerprinting. Can't recall the name.

captain-kate

BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2012
    Hollywood, MD
    There is a new security place next to the Lighthouse Liquor store in Charlotte Hall. The one just north of Wentworths. The sign says they do fingerprinting. Can't recall the name.

Thank you - unfortunately, they are not an LEO and Florida will not accept prints from non-LEO sources.

comet24

Aug 2, 2008
    Check both local and state police for times they do it. Most barracks do it just once a week for 2 hours or so.

I ended up doing mine in Ellicott City at the HC police station. Wasn't the closest but their day and time happened to work for me. There was no one else in there getting printed when I went to is was pretty quick.

DJ Paladin

Mar 12, 2012
    Related question about Florida CCW. I had MSP do my prints for it about a year ago but never sent it into Florida since I also have Utah. I wanted to send it in now, anyone think Florida would care that its dated from a year ago?

captain-kate

BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2012
    Hollywood, MD
    Related question about Florida CCW. I had MSP do my prints for it about a year ago but never sent it into Florida since I also have Utah. I wanted to send it in now, anyone think Florida would care that its dated from a year ago?

I can't say for sure - but why don't you go ahead and submit your paperwork and see if they will accept it?

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    St. Mary's Co. Sheriff's Dept. in Leonardtown. I don't remember which days/times. Give them a call. $10 on your card IIRC.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    Non-resident Florida fingerprints MUST be taken by a law enforcement agency and you must use the Fingerprint card that Florida sends you. I screwed up the first one. I went up to the Florida web site and requested 4 of the fingerprint forms in case I messed up anymore. Received them in 4 days. I went to the Annapolis police department to have mine done, open Tuesday 5-8 PM, no appointment. The fingerprint tech took 2 copies of my fingerprints for $20.00. I will call the Prince Frederick place when I submit my Virginia application and see what the hours are when I need them.

One thing I noticed when I got into the CCW non-resident deal. Some states only recognize the CCW if the bearer is a RESIDENT of the state that issued the CCW, South Carolina is one of the states that use this criteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom