• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtkim67

Jul 24, 2016
    Depends on where you are. If you're near Baltimore, I know a guy who's still doing it virtual and then doing a range session to knock out the qual.
    I'm not near Baltimore, but just 1 day of range time and the class part at home sounds great to me. Could you link or help me out? Thank you

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hyattsville

For a reference point in close proximity to you :

Maryland Small Arms ( actual training by ASAT , an IP here )

Combined Maryland & DC class , potentially value added for someone living in close proximity to DC .

$300 , ammo included , if it's .38 spl .

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I realize I asked this question in another thread a couple months ago -

But as a good bit of time has passed and I assume more options have become available (though actual slots maybe hard to find) --

Would love some recommendations for a CCW class / course. Looking for something a lot more comprehensive than the state minimums.

Thanks in advance

From your responses to other’s posts, I would ask: are you looking for a MD HGP permit class OR a comprehensive defensive carry class? These are two different animals.

Bananas79

Apr 11, 2021
    From your responses to other’s posts, I would ask: are you looking for a MD HGP permit class OR a comprehensive defensive carry class? These are two different animals.
    Completely agree. I guess I was initially asking if someone knew of a MD CCW class that entailed both. But what I have perceived from responses is not so much. Ive signed up for a local MD CCW class... and probably looking to take the Concealed Carry class with FPF in VA next month

Anyone taken any of the FPF courses?

Aug 16, 2022
    Finksburg, MD
    Hello everyone. We are conducting HQL/Wear and Carry Courses if you or someone you know need one.

We still have seats available for our *Oct 8-9 Class in Finksburg, MD. Email me if you want to sign up.

Wear and Carry 10/8-9 $350 (HQL included free if needed)
    HQL Only 10/8 $125

*I also serialize 80% frames/receivers to ATF standards (accepted by MSP)

Alejandro Schubert
    Owner & Artist
    Blue Customworks
    Finksburg, MD
    Cerakote – Laser Engraving
    P80-80% Lower Serializing – NFA Engraving
    FFL Type 7 Manufacturer
    info@bluecustomworks.us
    Mobile: (301) 742-4428
    Instagram, Facebook, Gun Broker search: Blue Customworks
    Website coming soon.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I've got some spots available on Nov. 19-20. My course is 250.00 and any permit course includes the HQL. Once you receive your permit the HQL can be applied for free of charge without needing prints. Be happy to talk with you about it.

TD

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Weekends are rough for me to devote 2 full days.

Anyone done a “hybrid” course or know of anyone running in person weekday training?

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    NOT Freestate. My buddy is taking the class there now and other than the instructor talking down to people, he was told that he would not be able to do the shooting portion with standard capacity G17 mags and would have to go out and purchase 10rd mags. Give me a break.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    NOT Freestate. My buddy is taking the class there now and other than the instructor talking down to people, he was told that he would not be able to do the shooting portion with standard capacity G17 mags and would have to go out and purchase 10rd mags. Give me a break.
    WTF is going on out there? LOL Madness.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County

Does Freestate have an overstock of 10 round G17 mags per chance…?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It seems like I'm joking , but actually not .

A cpl of times have read accounts of border region lawmen , who did some gun writing on the side , of back in the day their being invited to Mexican police combination annual qualification / BBQ .

After the actual quals , for grins they would shoot the course with empty magizine in their Colt .38 Supers .

After each shot the slide would lock back , they'd rotate the gun with ejection port upwards , drop in a ctg from their left hand full of ctgs , hit slide release , fire next round , then repeat .

So it can be done .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom