• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bananas79

Apr 11, 2021
    I realize I asked this question in another thread a couple months ago -

But as a good bit of time has passed and I assume more options have become available (though actual slots maybe hard to find) --

Would love some recommendations for a CCW class / course. Looking for something a lot more comprehensive than the state minimums.

Thanks in advance

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My buddy and former co worker when we were Air Marshals has 10 openings for Oct 1&2
    I might be helping him out. Glen Burnie area. Range will be at Cindy's Hot shots I think.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.

But as a good bit of time has passed and I assume more options have become available (though actual slots maybe hard to find) --

Would love some recommendations for a CCW class / course. Looking for something a lot more comprehensive than the state minimums.

Thanks in advance
    Where are you? I just added a course in Nov on the 19 and 20 and would be happy to talk with you about it. My course is held just out of northern Harford co. In Delta Pa

TD

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    My wife and I just finished yesterday with the range day. We used Spartan Firearms Training Group and highly recommend them. Classes were held in a couple of different places in Carroll Co. Eldersburg and Gamber with the range in Taneytown. Classes were upbeat and not boring. The shoot Qualification was pretty involved. We shot 200 rounds apiece with different scenarios and tempos. They do a great job in my opinion.

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    I have taken Tony's course - no worries about corner cutting or short days He & his assistant did a fine job - Would reccomend!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I am assuming you are looking for something that will qualify as W&C training. IMHO, your best bet is to take the cheapest, fastest route to getting to your W&C license, and then deal with finding better training that's not limited by the constraints of what needs to be taught in the W&C course. John Murphy at FPF Training does a really good concealed carry class, for example.

Bananas79

Apr 11, 2021
    I am assuming you are looking for something that will qualify as W&C training. IMHO, your best bet is to take the cheapest, fastest route to getting to your W&C license, and then deal with finding better training that's not limited by the constraints of what needs to be taught in the W&C course. John Murphy at FPF Training does a really good concealed carry class, for example.
    @erwos -- thanks... thinking that is indeed looking like the best path.

lol OK then, suggestions on cheapest, fastest route to W&C?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD

Depends on where you are. If you're near Baltimore, I know a guy who's still doing it virtual and then doing a range session to knock out the qual.

hosspower

Dec 1, 2019
    Walkersville, MD

Thanks in advance

It also might help if we knew where you are located.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.

Cheap and fast doesn’t equal best. My course is 250.00 but if you are looking for a minimum it prob isn’t right for you.

If you want meaningful training and your interested I’d be happy to talk about the course with you.

TD

Snardo

Nov 25, 2019
    For the southern MD crowd, check out Flatbroke Shooters. They have a beautiful range and their classes are top notch. I've done my CCW and Utah permit training there. Steve and Cindi (owners & instructors) are fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom