• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I'm betting some assclown sitting in the back of a store after hours when the shipment came in, switches out some crap winchester for CCI in a few boxes out of each brick from a case, then sold himself some CCI disguised as Winchester, saving a few bucks.

I doubt it. The only place I've been seeing Winchester is at Dick's, selling for the same price as CCI.

If they got mixed at the store, more than likely a pallet or U-boat fell over, the ammo spilled out, and the employees put it back in the boxes/containers without paying close attention.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    When was the box opened, and were they put into a plastic container before you noticed the mixing? Where was the box/container kept, and how much time elapsed, between the time the original package was opened, and when you discovered the mixing?

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    When was the box opened, and were they put into a plastic container before you noticed the mixing? Where was the box/container kept, and how much time elapsed, between the time the original package was opened, and when you discovered the mixing?

The brick was opened about a month ago by me. Brick and plastic bin are kept in a safe. I noticed it last week filling a mag. So, I'm about 2/3's through the brick.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I doubt it. The only place I've been seeing Winchester is at Dick's, selling for the same price as CCI.

If they got mixed at the store, more than likely a pallet or U-boat fell over, the ammo spilled out, and the employees put it back in the boxes/containers without paying close attention.

Might be so. If CCI was opened or spilled out, wouldn't I see some kind of deformation in those containers? All containers looked normal. I do have a brick that has a dropped corner, but all in that brick looks ok.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    You generally won't see the damaged ones on the shelf. I was in the business once upon a time. Any damaged boxes or containers would have been pulled and put aside in back as a write-off. The rest without obvious damage, even if spilled and put back in the packaging, would have been stocked on the shelves. Typically, only a minority of product gets damaged significantly if something tips over in the back. The stuff that hits the ground first tends to buffer/protect what comes after.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    CCi responded to an email on it. They don't have anything to do with Winchester.

Tom, is sounds like the ammunition was switched at the store level. We have no way to mix up ammunition with Winchester ammunition, they build their own ammunition.

Make Every Shot Count!
    Justin M.
    CCI/Speer
    2299 Snake River Ave
    Lewiston, ID. 83501

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98