• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I use an RCBS Trim Pro II that came with my Rockchucker Kit.

817007.jpg

They can be retrofitted to use a power drill or an optional electric drive motor.

I do like the idea of being able to set your own trim amount VS a preset amount of a fixed trim pilot.

Some of those RCBS Trim Pros come with pilots, some dont. You do need to get a coresponding shell plate on the older non universal models. The shell plate number is the same number as the shell holder for your dies/press. Ive had mine for about 15 years, and still use it. RCBS also backs those up with a lifetime warranty.

Right now I either use my friends trimmer, this same RCBS one, or the lee trimmer chucked in a drill, which I clamp to my bench.

I recently bought a used RCBS rotary case trimmer, which is similar to this model except it uses a collet to hold the case in place. I don't think I'm going to like it as much as the spring loaded holder in this model. I have some collets on the way, we will see how it does... I don't think I'll be able to swap cases out near as fast with the collet design.

I do like being able to pick my own length, vs the Lee which is fixed. It's a pain to adjust them, though. (IMO)

Blkout

Feb 22, 2014
    I just started reloading myself and chose the Lee hand trimmer. I have been okay with it, I had to get Lee to send out a replacement because it was stripped. There is actually room for adjustments with this you just thread it in until you find the desired case length. I plan to replace this tool because it's horrible when doing quantity. Overall I think it was a great place to start, affordable, excellent back up trimmer.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I just bought an adapter to attach a hand drill to my RCBS rotary case trimmer (will work with the Trim Pro II also). It was under 13 bucks on ebay. You just take the knob off and screw the adapter in, attach your drill and go. Going to make things much quicker.

There's a video on youtube of a guy using his, and he's flying through the process much quicker then cranking the thing by hand.

Blkout the Lee trimmers are great for what they cost. I still use mine for certain calibers. Easy to chuck into a drill as well if you are doing a large quantity, although you can get some wobble if you aren't careful.

Here's the link to the RCBS adapter on Ebay. A guy could easily rig something up with a few parts from the hardware store as well, I just thought this looked easy and well made.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Adapt...025?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20df0fa569

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom