• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    No, I was thinking the same thing. It's all about how you interept it.

But I can see the state's prosecutor not exactly taking a positive view of things...
    Wouldn't be up to the state's prosecutor to be able to do anything, it would be entirely up to the MDSP on whether or not to revoke the permit and that is all. Regulation enforcement is in this case is an administrative matter and not a criminal one as I (and others more knowledgeable than I) understand it.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Wouldn't be up to the state's prosecutor to be able to do anything, it would be entirely up to the MDSP on whether or not to revoke the permit and that is all. Regulation enforcement is in this case is an administrative matter and not a criminal one as I (and others more knowledgeable than I) understand it.

gotcha. well, i'll never have one so.. :rolleyes:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Indiscriminate display is one of those situations similar to the statement" other duties as assigned". It can be interpreted in many ways. You dont even need to have the firearm exposed. If it prints and alerts a sheeple, that can constitute an indiscriminate display.

That is why, If you get one, put some real thought in picking a holster system that will effectively hide that firearm. An MD CCW is so rare that if you get one.Consider yourself extremely priveledged. You are also serving as a test case for the rest of us. Setting you up to fail from the getgo seems intentional. MSP " may issue" with a ton of restrictions, if that isnt tough enough. The fine print that came with that permit can be used to yank it out for any minor reason.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My permit came with no letter. My restrictions are fairly vague. I was surprise that it didn't come with a whole bunch of rules etc. Looking at my restrictions, I can carry nearly 24/7. That being said, I carry an LCP. I can conceal it wearing anything.

I have several patients who are LEO. I saw one yesterday, Dressed in a ratty sweatshirt and cargo pants. When he sat, ankle holster plainly visible. His off-duty look certainly doesn't scream LEO.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Doc Teratos,

Just be aware that even if you didnt get the letter, COMAR regs still apply to you. I got my CCW in a similar way you did. Being on-call, having access to narcotics or meds allows me to carry almost all the time. But they also gave me that letter.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Doc Teratos,

Just be aware that even if you didnt get the letter, COMAR regs still apply to you. I got my CCW in a similar way you did. Being on-call, having access to narcotics or meds allows me to carry almost all the time. But they also gave me that letter.

Oh, I have no doubt. I am careful to no push the envelope in terms of my restrictions. I just find it odd that after all the BS was said and done, the permit is sent in a non-descript envelope with no fanfare whatsoever.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Oh, I have no doubt. I am careful to no push the envelope in terms of my restrictions. I just find it odd that after all the BS was said and done, the permit is sent in a non-descript envelope with no fanfare whatsoever.

They should give you a damn ticker tape parade or something, like you won the lottery. Seems like about the same odds! lol. :rolleyes:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They should give you a damn ticker tape parade or something, like you won the lottery. Seems like about the same odds! lol. :rolleyes:

That is exactly what I expected. A parade, ticker tape, elephants, a few really bad high school bands playing. I though O'Malley himself would hand it to me, and tell me it wouldn't be renewed without a large donation to his re-election campaign. I was skeptical when I was told that I could get one (by one of my patients who is MSP), amazed when the Trooper who did my background stuff said he was recommending that it be issued, and jumping up and down like a kid on Christmas when it came in the mail. I won't do anything to put the permit in jeopardy. I hope we cann all have a ticker tape parade soon....

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    MoCo police go to the G'burg Chipotle EFD. (Shady Grove??)

My money would be on LEO. I think they have an academy near by because I see cadets in there often.

Gaithersburg Square? As a Chipotle employee I can tell you that's one of the busiest locations in the country. When I used to live in Germantown my friends and I ate there several times a week. For a while it was like there was a reserved police booth, they'd be coming in and leaving like a revolving door.

I have seen an OC'er at the Canton Delight Chinese buffet near the airpark in G-burg as well. Didn't raise any eyebrows with me, guy had his shirt tucked in, etc. flat-top Howie Long haircut...

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    HUH?? Since when (and WHERE?) does Chipotle serve alcohol??

I've been to a few in MD that have liquor licenses. The location at Mid-Pike Plaza (Montrose Rd/355) near the Silver Diner serves beer (or did a couple years ago).

The location at Gaithersburg Square (across from Lakeforest Mall) serves beer and margaritas. I had a margarita 2 weeks ago there, so you can be reasonably assured that they do in fact serve it. The beers they have range from Budweiser to ***** Modelo, Dos Equis, Corona, and maybe Sol.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    The one in Lexington Park doesn't have a liqour license, and I don't think the one I went to in Richmond had one, either, making me MORE than surpsised to hear this.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    The one in Lexington Park doesn't have a liqour license, and I don't think the one I went to in Richmond had one, either, making me MORE than surpsised to hear this.

The one I work at in Oakland (Pittsburgh) does not have a liquor license, but the Qdoba across the street has a bar upstairs... with the same tables as downstairs. Imagine a bar at McDonald's, with the same cheesy cheap plastic bench seating and tabletops. It's very strange... but :shrug:

PA is ridiculous when it comes to beer/liquor. Want some beer? You can go to the distributor and buy it by the case. If you only want a sixxer or a 40 or something, you'll have to walk into a BAR or restaurant and buy it from them (with their markup). The liquor/wine stores sell just that, unlike in MoCo where you can actually get really good deals on beer. I think last time I bought it, Saranac beers were around $5.15 a six-pack at the MoCo stores, warm on the shelf (the way I like to buy it).

I have heard VA can be weird with liquor licensing as well.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    The one I work at in Oakland (Pittsburgh) does not have a liquor license, but the Qdoba across the street has a bar upstairs... with the same tables as downstairs. Imagine a bar at McDonald's, with the same cheesy cheap plastic bench seating and tabletops. It's very strange... but :shrug:

PA is ridiculous when it comes to beer/liquor. Want some beer? You can go to the distributor and buy it by the case. If you only want a sixxer or a 40 or something, you'll have to walk into a BAR or restaurant and buy it from them (with their markup). The liquor/wine stores sell just that, unlike in MoCo where you can actually get really good deals on beer. I think last time I bought it, Saranac beers were around $5.15 a six-pack at the MoCo stores, warm on the shelf (the way I like to buy it).

I have heard VA can be weird with liquor licensing as well.
    Alcohol Beverage Control. Even Mo Co has a Dpartment of Liquor Control and county owned store, but theirs is cool and they also allow competition unlike PA and VA from what I understand.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Indiscriminate display is one of those situations similar to the statement" other duties as assigned". It can be interpreted in many ways. You dont even need to have the firearm exposed. If it prints and alerts a sheeple, that can constitute an indiscriminate display.

That is why, If you get one, put some real thought in picking a holster system that will effectively hide that firearm. An MD CCW is so rare that if you get one.Consider yourself extremely priveledged. You are also serving as a test case for the rest of us. Setting you up to fail from the getgo seems intentional. MSP " may issue" with a ton of restrictions, if that isnt tough enough. The fine print that came with that permit can be used to yank it out for any minor reason.

This is what really gets me, there are already a few permit holders here that didn't get the letter with the permit and I wonder how many actually did. I was even curious as to why they didn't send me something that stated things like prohibited places and such when I received my permit. I agree that they are setting folks up for failure so they can just yank the permit virtually at will.

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    This is what really gets me, there are already a few permit holders here that didn't get the letter with the permit and I wonder how many actually did. I was even curious as to why they didn't send me something that stated things like prohibited places and such when I received my permit. I agree that they are setting folks up for failure so they can just yank the permit virtually at will.

We'll be covering some of that at PPOTH in March.

Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom