• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    By the way, nice DL650. I have been looking pretty hard at a DL650/SV650 this up coming season....I heard they are like a big couch with a little bit torquier SV motor :D

Thanks for your suggestions for carrying while on the bike. And yes, the DL650's are great motorcycles. I have a hard time trying to get off of it to ride my VTX1300R sometimes.

The VStrom's are very nimble and quick.

Kindest regards,

-Will

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I like those gun boots. I should be able to mount that bracket that attaches to them; on one of my rear Pelican cases

Kindest Regards,

-Will

Trey

Aug 20, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Even if you figure out a way to get your rifle there, what's your plan for a target stand? I have Givi hard bags that would probably hold my Sig 556 broken down plus ammo but my target stand is way too big even in pieces.

Which sucks because I'd love to take my VFR up there but instead I have to take my 10mpg truck.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I did not forget about that little detail

:innocent0

I am designing a folding target and collapsible target stand. That could be bungee'ed onto the other Pelican case.

Kindest regards,

-Will

ssjones

Nov 22, 2008
    Good move - colder and windier than a mofo out there today. Be pretty rough on a bike! (btw, love what you did with your SV)
    Well....

....after a good night's sleep and more contemplation of this matter; I have decided to take the Tacoma to the range today. I don't think that it would be a good idea to end up in jail for New years Eve, though I would think that technically I had done nothing wrong.

Maybe I will approach this another day in the New year, with some LEO advice.

It's sad when we seemingly have to hide our guns.

Kindest Regards,

-Will

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I would carry one just like this.:rolleyes: But I dont have a motorcycle.

Attachments

• terminator_two_judgement_day.jpg
      terminator_two_judgement_day.jpg
      73.6 KB · Views: 208

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    Nice. Mag is IN the rifle. I wonder what how this story ended.
    You and me both. Probably on the 11 PM news somewhere, maybe with a trail of police cars and a helicoptor overhead filming.:rolleyes:
    One of the strangest experiences I had was about 30 years ago, going down I-40 in West Tenn., where police were chasing a car on the wrong side :tongue13:of the road. That fellow:toothless probably ended up under :spank:the jail somewhere at the speed he was going.

buckslugger

Jan 24, 2008
    I have a dual sport klx250 tagged and hunt on the shore. I leave are camp area and ride to several different parcels we lease with my 6.5 ar strapped accross my back without a mag in it of course. No problems as of yet and have seen several police and dnr officers in my travels.

harvey

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom