• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Had you said “looks cool” I would have also agreed. :)
    I can't deny that that played a part in my decision as well.

Wood beats rubber; make of that what you will.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    CZ Rami, Urban Carry pancake, rt hand 4o'clock. (Selfie reverses image?).

I've been wearing it all day every day since I got the permit. No one notices it, seemingly, though now it's a bit chilly I wear a light jacket. I have an IWB holster coming, hopefully will prove a little more discreet. (We'll have to wait and see what surprises the MD GA will bring to bear. Might as well have the option available).
    I took Ed Shell's comment about wood grips not binding on clothing into account; made sense to me.
    How do you like the Rami for carry? I've got a huge soft soft spot for DA/SAs.

BrianS

Apr 26, 2010
    Here's mine. Priority 1 for P365 and one from Legacy Firearms for the CZ. Both are 14+1 capacity. I cut some excess off the P1 and contoured the edge to match the wing profile for more comfort.

20221201_182820.jpg

20221201_183633.jpg

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    How do you like the Rami for carry? I've got a huge soft soft spot for DA/SAs.

I really like it as a firearm. I could wish it were lighter as a carry piece. Heavy at 26 oz, but significantly smaller in every dimension to the CZ 75 compact illustrated above.

It carries well in a pancake, and was pleasant to wear when carriage was legal in MoCo. (Frankly, not being accustomed to carrying a firearm, I was pleasantly surpised at the relative level of comfort I achieved, physically and psychologically). It might become necessary to opt for something smaller and lighter for true concealment, for one reason or another, as time goes on.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Transitioning from Walther PPS M2 to Hellcat.
    Both in cheap kydex.
    Hellcat is a few ounces lighter, a little smaller, carries 3 to 4 more rounds and has better stock sights.
    PPS M2 still feels better in hand, is a hair thinner and I'm dialed in with it.
    After 100 rounds with the Hellcat I still prefer the Walther...but it's only 100 rounds.
    I've started my son with the Walther expecting to give it to him in a few years when he's 21.
    I might do something goofy and keep the German and give him the Croatian.

Attachments

• PXL_20221202_125811044.jpg
      PXL_20221202_125811044.jpg
      207 KB · Views: 86
    • PXL_20221202_125746245.jpg
      PXL_20221202_125746245.jpg
      210.5 KB · Views: 78

2apatriot2a

Jul 17, 2022
    MD
    Here is my normal EDC…

Ruger LCP Max with 12 round magazine, kydex front pocket holster off eBay, Lighting Elite OTF, Citizen Eco-drive, cheap Amazon wallet.

I’ve been carrying concealed for over 15 years including here in MD. Also carry a full size for work. I prefer pocket carry for when it’s warm out. Have a 43X I might put into the rotation when it gets colder, but the comfort of pocket carrying the LCP is so hard to beat.
    How you like that lcp max mine shoots so low with multiple shooters ruger sent me new barrel and slide but now rds won't exject not happy with it

2apatriot2a

Jul 17, 2022
    MD
    Mine shoots low too. Haven’t had enough range time to figure out if it is me, the ammo or the sights.
    Ruger dropped the ball on this one I love ruger but this firearm is crappy going to sell it if ruger doesn't refund me which they said they would have to have the firearm sent it to check it out which I told them nothing to check out just gonna waste time so looks like I'm going to lose it on a $150-200 maybe want either a g26 or a sig p365 380 to stay with 380acp

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    How you like that lcp max mine shoots so low with multiple shooters ruger sent me new barrel and slide but now rds won't exject not happy with it

Mine shoots low too. Haven’t had enough range time to figure out if it is me, the ammo or the sights.

What hold are you using on the sights? Mine does not seem that low when using a combat hold vice 6 o'clock.

2apatriot2a

Jul 17, 2022
    MD
    What hold are you using on the sights? Mine does not seem that low when using a combat hold vice 6 o'clock.
    Tried poa hold 6 o clock 12 o clock doesn't matter still shoots low different ammo I went tru 640 rds of different ammo trying to see which one shoots poa pmc 95gr fmj is the closest I was planning on running underwood 68gr extreme defender but it throws them all over far left low left different shooters same results

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    ... or a sig p365 380 to stay with 380acp
    If you're shooting low with the Ruger, you're going to shoot low with the SIG, too. Because both of them expect you to totally cover your POI with the sights. "Combat" sight picture, not the ol' lollipop/six-o'clock. Of course, at the distances a tiny 380 is intended to be used, it truly doesn't matter. In real life, you're going to be point shooting anyway, not lining up for a tiny little group on paper. Those are "get me outa here!" guns, not bullseye guns.

I'm a long-time six-o'clock hold guy, and got grumpy with the P365 (which I happily now carry) because I just wasn't used to hiding my target behind the sights. Then, instead of testing myself (and it) against a two-inch orange sticker or the X ring on paper, I started putting up full size torso targets and shooting like I meant it in a self defense manner. Plenty of holes right where you need them in a make-the-threat-go-away capacity. A couple inches low, in that context, if you don't map your sight picture to the pistol's design, is neither here nor there.

For the Ruger, then, it comes down to how it handles, do you like the physical size, etc. The SIG is going to be notably larger. I have an LCP2 I'll pocket carry, but I won't pocket carry the SIG - it's just over the line (unless it's a big coat pocket or such). Work on your sight picture/covering before you throw that Ruger baby out with the bath water.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    If you're shooting low with the Ruger, you're going to shoot low with the SIG, too. Because both of them expect you to totally cover your POI with the sights. "Combat" sight picture, not the ol' lollipop/six-o'clock. Of course, at the distances a tiny 380 is intended to be used, it truly doesn't matter. In real life, you're going to be point shooting anyway, not lining up for a tiny little group on paper. Those are "get me outa here!" guns, not bullseye guns.

I'm a long-time six-o'clock hold guy, and got grumpy with the P365 (which I happily now carry) because I just wasn't used to hiding my target behind the sights. Then, instead of testing myself (and it) against a two-inch orange sticker or the X ring on paper, I started putting up full size torso targets and shooting like I meant it in a self defense manner. Plenty of holes right where you need them in a make-the-threat-go-away capacity. A couple inches low, in that context, if you don't map your sight picture to the pistol's design, is neither here nor there.

For the Ruger, then, it comes down to how it handles, do you like the physical size, etc. The SIG is going to be notably larger. I have an LCP2 I'll pocket carry, but I won't pocket carry the SIG - it's just over the line (unless it's a big coat pocket or such). Work on your sight picture/covering before you throw that Ruger baby out with the bath water.
    I have all of my handguns setup for combat hold. I think my issue is probably my grip with such a small gun rather than a problem with the gun itself. The trigger is much better than the original LCP.

2apatriot2a

Jul 17, 2022
    MD

Good points just don't know if I'm going to continue to try I could put that money in ammo and train with a different firearm and become more proficient thanks for the reply tho

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I have all of my handguns setup for combat hold. I think my issue is probably my grip with such a small gun rather than a problem with the gun itself. The trigger is much better than the original LCP.
    This might sound stupid, but do you shoot it better one handed?
    Tiny handguns are hard for me to learn and trying to wrap the grip with 2 hands makes me go low left until I relearn with that gun.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I've likewise found that these tiny guns with virtually no mass will hugely amplify a trigger-pull dive or wiggle that you'd be less likely to ever notice in a longer/heavier frame. If your trigger pull isn't a perfectly in-place squeeze that doesn't introduce a push or a twist, these no-mass guns will definitely spank you for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom