• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    If Pollozzi changes G&S, IMO it won't matter. He'll follow policy.

my .02

If orders are given, those who are subordinate will follow them or be removed. The issues as of today and the recent past is that the administration liked the way policies were being administered. Policy was set and instructions to be as strict with approvals as possible was given.

I have it on good authority that Frosh, after willing the AG election, went to licensing and told the dept to scrutinize active police permits as much as ordinary citizen permits. So an officer looking for a permit to carry while off duty needed to pass the G&S just like the rest of us. How crazy is that? Now, whether or not they listened to this is another story.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I have it on good authority that Frosh, after willing the AG election, went to licensing and told the dept to scrutinize active police permits as much as ordinary citizen permits. So an officer looking for a permit to carry while off duty needed to pass the G&S just like the rest of us. How crazy is that? Now, whether or not they listened to this is another story.

Since when does an AG issue orders to the MSP?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If orders are given, those who are subordinate will follow them or be removed. The issues as of today and the recent past is that the administration liked the way policies were being administered. Policy was set and instructions to be as strict with approvals as possible was given.

Makes no sense. But if Frosh is willing battle Hogan and defend Snowden and Scherr (and, Woollard), that would be pretty bad news.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Hogan will hopefully realize that the dems are not going to play any nicer with him than they did with Erlich, no matter how much it would benefit the state. They figure they will block him at every turn until he's up for reelection, then who ever runs against him can yak about how ineffective he was. So he needs to do as much as it is within his powers he can.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Since when does an AG issue orders to the MSP?

Since Frosh thinks he is God. Doesn't have to be documented orders, but he rushed down there immediately after the election and gave his "interpretation" of how the process should be applied.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Since Frosh thinks he is God. Doesn't have to be documented orders, but he rushed down there immediately after the election and gave his "interpretation" of how the process should be applied.

That would explain why the Snowden and Scherr opinions were placed on the MSP website.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    True, but if SD is G&S, there is no need for any brand of discretion at all. Suddenly faced with nothing to do, he'll resign or move on. win-win.
    Resign? LMAO. You must not have met him. He is not an old guy. He is not going to resign nor retire any time soon.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    Hogan will hopefully realize that the dems are not going to play any nicer with him than they did with Erlich, no matter how much it would benefit the state. They figure they will block him at every turn until he's up for reelection, then who ever runs against him can yak about how ineffective he was. So he needs to do as much as it is within his powers he can.

lol, you just described Obama vis-a-vis the republican congress as it relates to his extensive use of executive orders

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    lol, you just described Obama vis-a-vis the republican congress as it relates to his extensive use of executive orders
    Obama was doing it before the Republicans controlled both houses. But it is working for Obama quite well isn't it? Perhaps Republicans should stop playing nice and soft all the time.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member

Pretty sure LEOSA would fix that. Also after talking to MSP they will not issue a permit to an officer if they qualify under LEOSA and they will not issue LEOSA credentials unless you are MSP or fire marshal. I could be very wrong but I don't think an off duty officer needs a permit to carry.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Pretty sure LEOSA would fix that. Also after talking to MSP they will not issue a permit to an officer if they qualify under LEOSA and they will not issue LEOSA credentials unless you are MSP or fire marshal. I could be very wrong but I don't think an off duty officer needs a permit to carry.

They don't need them, but many departments are telling officers to get them.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok , I have so far read page 1 and 10 . Other than actual play by play from the OP , the usual equis necris roundup.

Several statements :

1. The MSP Supt *could* create new policies and guideline consistant with actual law and COMAR as fast as fingers move on a keyboard. And only the Gov can tell him No .

2. The GOV can pick up his phone and instruct the Supt to carry out #1 in 10 min , if they talk about the weather and respective families first. The Supt can't tell the Gov No , and nobody can tell the Gov No.

3. But there are political and PR consequences doing the right thing.

4. Hogan is already hated , and faces maximum resistance simply for existing as a Republican Govenor. No amount of butt kissing will make the Dems or the Media suddendly like him. On the flip side ticking them off by acting like an actual Republican or actual Conservative , there is very little room to make the relationship worse.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore

I'm not even talking executive orders, the democrats have not been willing to define G&S because being vague makes it a moving target, all he needs to do is define it. For budget just stick to his guns. Veto any crap bills, a bonus if its a pet bill of the any of the high ranking democrats. Make opposition realize that he won't be bullied and if they want to pass anything while he is governor they have to work with him.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    From reading some other threeads, seems like Frosh as injected himself into some BATF NFA policy as well.

And the merits of oil exploration off shore. He truly does have a Napoleonic complex, in addition to an unruly mustache. The assistant attorney general assigned to MSP works for his client - Superintendent Pallozzi. Frosh is sworn to uphold the law that gives Palozzi discretion on G&S. It's not much, but it does make me chuckle.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Maryland shooters says what?

Frosh-Brian-AG-RaceMF11_web.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member