• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    This is a ridiculous restriction. I mean who has ever wanted to kill in the MVA?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I stopped in one unexpectedly last week and wondered the same thing. I didn’t see a sign telling me not to bring a gun in so maybe I did. Concealed means concealed.

Old-School Mark

My pronouns: Me, Myself and I.
    Jan 23, 2023
    Silver Spring
    I think the MVA Express are all on privately owned property, like shopping centers. So, I’m pretty sure you are allowed to leave your gun in your car on the parking lot. At a full service MVA, I think having it in the car may not be allowed as it is state government property.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    This is a ridiculous restriction. I mean who has ever wanted to kill in the MVA?
    In the past I would have laughed, as most would have said it would be ripe for people to snap and go postal, but since the Wuhan Flu made appointments necessary, they have actually gotten efficient.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    In the past I would have laughed, as most would have said it would be ripe for people to snap and go postal, but since the Wuhan Flu made appointments necessary, they have actually gotten efficient.
    Last time I had to visit the MVA in person, I got an appointment.

I showed up several minutes early, and go into the line for people with appointments. Yes, I just wrote "line for people with appointments".

While standing there someone dressed like attended a concert the night before and failed to make it home (random music group t-shirt, no visible indication they worked there) began asking people the time of their appointment.

After responding she told me and several other people that we were "too early" to be standing in the line.

I went and sat down for what seemed to me to be a reasonable time before going and getting back in line. I was eventually given a number and told to go sit on the opposite side of the building. Yes, I just wrote that I was given a number and told to wait for the number to come up for my "appointment". I complied and sat with my number waiting to be chosen.

After what seemed to be a decade later, my number came up on the screen along with the window assignment. This window and the one next to it were the ones dedicated to the particular business I had to transact, and they were both on the opposite side of the building from where I was told to sit.

:thumbsup: for the new, efficient MVA!

Last edited:

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Last time I had to visit the MVA in person, I got an appointment.

I showed up several minutes early, and go into the line for people with appointments. Yes, I just wrote "line for people with appointments".

While standing their someone dressed like attended a concert the night before and failed to make it home (random music group t-shirt, no visible indication they worked there) began asking people the time of their appointment.

After responding she told me and several other people that we were "too early" to be standing in the line.

I went and sat down for what seemed to me to be a reasonable time before going and getting back in line. I was eventually given a number and told to go sit on the opposite side of the building. Yes, I just wrote that I was given a number and told to wait for the number to come up for my "appointment". I complied and sat with my number waiting to be chosen.

After what seemed to be a decade later, my number came up on the screen along with the window assignment. This window and the one next to it were the ones dedicated to the particular business I had to transact, and they were both on the opposite side of the building from where I was told to sit.

:thumbsup: for the new, efficient MVA!
    Was it in Annapolis? That is where I have gone each time, and had no wait time longer than 30 seconds. The last time, it wasn't even that long. I was getting a tag&title for a motorcycle build done, and after the on-line check-in, my butt was almost on the seat when my number was called. Lass at the window was fast and efficient, and her manager behind getting the tags, etc...was running around like crazy.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    OP did not mention what business needed to be taken care of but I use a "Tag and Title" place when possible to avoid the situation all together. It is worth my time, money and sanity to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom