• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    notice to any Carroll county residents. The Carroll county sheriff is no longer signing NFA paperwork without putting you through a background check first. Be prepared for a long wait if you want thing signed. Also they are calling msp for permission now

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    I heard that the current sheriff was very pro 2A. If there is someone on this forum that knows him personally/socially/etc it might be interesting to reach out to him to see why he changed his stance or what is going on?

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Tregonning is most definitely pro 2A, I've talked with him on several different occasions.
    I would suspect he is deferring to MSP since they are stirring the pot with the ATF and causing trouble. Who know's...the entire mess is frustrating.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Tregonning is most definitely pro 2A, I've talked with him on several different occasions.
    I would suspect he is deferring to MSP since they are stirring the pot with the ATF and causing trouble. Who know's...the entire mess is frustrating.

Well I have has mixed results. The first time I need paperwork signed he was cool about it. But time he was a total jerk about it. He read me the riot act for even asking him to sign it. He pretty much told me to have msp do it without saying it directly. And he was rude. He didn't care and in my mind he is 100% no pro 2A after this experience

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Simply, because he's a fud! One or two forms in the beginning didn't bother him. Once the word got out he was signing off on forms, and more people started to arrive, he found it an utter annoyance for something he doesn't really care about. He's a collector of old WWII firearms, as are most of us, but he's not a true believer in modern sporting rifles. I've talked to him a couple times, as he went to church with my grandmother in Taneytown. He can be nice some days, and a dick on other days.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    This is what happens with an ex-state policeman as sheriff.

With that analogy.......... Wonder how an ex-Fed will be then as sheriff that has never even been a street cop at the local level? I guess he will follow the Feds and ATF then.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Oh so he's just like every other human?

Thanks

Yes and that is fine for him to be a human. But if he didn't feel like doing it at that time he could have had his admin tell me today wasn't a good day and to come back later or even leave the paperwork with her and come pick it up later when he had time to do it. By having an underling "ask" MSP if it is OK he is effective saying no because there is no way that MSP is going to be like sure do that. That would by pass their controls. As I said before I understand if he was having a bad day. I wouldn't have liked it, But I would have understood if he or his admin has of said. "I don't have time to do this right now, Come back later." But instead he choice to read me the riot act for asking then sending me on an hour+ fools errand. Yes I knew full well MSP wasn't going to say yes. There is nothing that can be said to defend his actions. Nothing at all. He is the CLEO he doesn't have to bow to MSP on this. He is choosing too. With all the BS with SBRs going on I can see him sending them to MSP because they are just going to get denied at the ATF level due to MSP intervention. But Suppressors there is no reason at all for him to do this. None bottom-line. except that he doesn't support 2A

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Yes and that is fine for him to be a human. But if he didn't feel like doing it at that time he could have had his admin tell me today wasn't a good day and to come back later or even leave the paperwork with her and come pick it up later when he had time to do it. By having an underling "ask" MSP if it is OK he is effective saying no because there is no way that MSP is going to be like sure do that. That would by pass their controls. As I said before I understand if he was having a bad day. I wouldn't have liked it, But I would have understood if he or his admin has of said. "I don't have time to do this right now, Come back later." But instead he choice to read me the riot act for asking then sending me on an hour+ fools errand. Yes I knew full well MSP wasn't going to say yes. There is nothing that can be said to defend his actions. Nothing at all. He is the CLEO he doesn't have to bow to MSP on this. He is choosing too. With all the BS with SBRs going on I can see him sending them to MSP because they are just going to get denied at the ATF level due to MSP intervention. But Suppressors there is no reason at all for him to do this. None bottom-line. except that he doesn't support 2A

Nice tangent.

I was quoting that someone claiming to have personal encounters with him at church said some times he's okay and other times he's in a bad mood....well crap that's just about everyone I ever met.

Rather you had a good or bad experience getting something signed the other day has nothing to do with my quote.

To be honest if I was in his shoes I wouldn't be signing anything until MSP and the ATF figure out what's going on. If the two folks who have the final say in it can't figure it out why am I going to put my name on it? I'm sure his legal department agrees.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Nice tangent.

I was quoting that someone claiming to have personal encounters with him at church said some times he's okay and other times he's in a bad mood....well crap that's just about everyone I ever met.

Rather you had a good or bad experience getting something signed the other day has nothing to do with my quote.

To be honest if I was in his shoes I wouldn't be signing anything until MSP and the ATF figure out what's going on. If the two folks who have the final say in it can't figure it out why am I going to put my name on it? I'm sure his legal department agrees.

My apologies. :) But does MSP have any real say on individual applications? Other than the SBR ones that are being denied pro forma if you have the CLEO sign it doesn't even cross their desk

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    With that analogy.......... Wonder how an ex-Fed will be then as sheriff that has never even been a street cop at the local level? I guess he will follow the Feds and ATF then.

Doesn't apply here. He would be interacting with the state every day, hence the need to have a sheriff from out of the jurisdiction. Plus he doesn't have to have been a local street cop. The sheriff is an administrative position.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Regardless, We need someone who is willing to stand up to MSP and stand up for 2A rights. I know i have made the argument before that I understand him deferring to MSP in regards to signing SBR NFA paperwork. But I want to retract that. He is the CLEO, if he supports 2A he would sign those too. Now him telling the applicant that MSP is going to have the ATF deny the Application, that i support. But if the applicant still wants to submit it then he should sign it if he supports 2A. But he doesn't

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Doesn't apply here. He would be interacting with the state every day, hence the need to have a sheriff from out of the jurisdiction. Plus he doesn't have to have been a local street cop. The sheriff is an administrative position.

Ok, if you say so.................................... lol

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Oh, incase no one remembers... Tregoning first ran for sheriff as a Dem cuz that's what he was.... He flipped to Republican just to win the election, so I really don't think he is truly 2nd friendly and NEITHER is kasten. They both will say what will get them votes but do the opposite behind closed doors............

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom