• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sykesville

Ultimate Member
    Concur. I grew up in MoCo. Absolutely yuppie central in the western part of the county and middle class in the eastern part. I don't think anyone west of Connecticut Ave has ever seen a firearm.

I live in Columbia now and can undoubtedly say that Howard County is not the liberal arm of the state.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

But the Howard County taxes suck

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Nope:

We're on the western side of the divide. If I go take a leak in the river it'll take it a LONG time to make it to the Chesapeake bay and harm any fish or crab. As if that made sense or mattered to any of the dipshitsky's in Annapolis voting.

Still don't know if the "rain tax" even applies to us out here, but I'll find out.

Gawd I wish this little piece of Marylandistan was actually in WV!

You don't have it, only the 11 central/eastern counties and the city.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    :D
    Announced today that Carroll County has won the "NO rain tax" struggle. The County has enough in place to handle the rain water run off therefore eliminating the need for the compliance of the "Rain Tax"., as per Susan Krebs. :clap::bannana::mdpatriot:beer:

See people, all it takes is for enough people to fight the system and we can prevail. This can also apply to just about any matter.
    Enough what?

Money they set aside way back when? Dams and Dikes? :D

Is the county still paying, just not making us pay?

eruby@ignoramus.com/maroon

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    But the Howard County taxes suck

What Howard County taxes suck? Is it the property taxes? The county tax, while at the maximum allowed, is equal to Montgomery County and several other counties in the vicinity of Howard County, and the difference between it and other counties isn't really that much when it comes to income tax. Not so sure the property tax rate in Howard County is that much more than other counties, but the property values are high in Howard County so that makes the property tax amount rather large.

There is no doubt in my mind that Howard County is going the route of Montgomery County. Just hoping it takes 20+ years to get there in western Howard County so I can move without upsetting the kids.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    What Howard County taxes suck? Is it the property taxes? The county tax, while at the maximum allowed, is equal to Montgomery County and several other counties in the vicinity of Howard County, and the difference between it and other counties isn't really that much when it comes to income tax. Not so sure the property tax rate in Howard County is that much more than other counties, but the property values are high in Howard County so that makes the property tax amount rather large.

There is no doubt in my mind that Howard County is going the route of Montgomery County. Just hoping it takes 20+ years to get there in western Howard County so I can move without upsetting the kids.

I believe that Howard Co is "richer" than Montgomery Co now. Your county, Howard, can join the long slow slide into slumdom by making your county a sanctuary county just like Montgomery Co has done.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Enough what?

Money they set aside way back when? Dams and Dikes? :D

Is the county still paying, just not making us pay?

eruby@ignoramus.com/maroon

I had a nice slightly lengthly chat today with Justin Ready and his explanation was that Carroll County (the cities within not included) had all the necessary implementations in place to meet the state's requirements, hence, no rain tax to be paid to the state, at least for now. By the sounds of this, it is a true win for Carroll County.

Sirex