• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    :D
    Announced today that Carroll County has won the "NO rain tax" struggle. The County has enough in place to handle the rain water run off therefore eliminating the need for the compliance of the "Rain Tax"., as per Susan Krebs. :clap::bannana::mdpatriot:beer:

See people, all it takes is for enough people to fight the system and we can prevail. This can also apply to just about any matter.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I can't believe that Annapolis is going to let this slide, especially since environmental programs are being defunded again this year.

Congrats on the victory, but watch your backs up there.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I can't believe that Annapolis is going to let this slide, especially since environmental programs are being defunded again this year.

Congrats on the victory, but watch your backs up there.

Yeah, but the state gubmnt doesn't like us at all, they always seem to try to fvck with us one way or another. And yes, the feeling is mutual.

Harford County Council voted to start collecting.
    Guess they shouldn't have rolled over so quickly.

Yeah, the reps there need to grow a set.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    :D
    Announced today that Carroll County has won the "NO rain tax" struggle. The County has enough in place to handle the rain water run off therefore eliminating the need for the compliance of the "Rain Tax"., as per Susan Krebs. :clap::bannana::mdpatriot:beer:

See people, all it takes is for enough people to fight the system and we can prevail. This can also apply to just about any matter.

Your county doesn't have Brochin.

Glad you have a happy nana though.

tjr623

Apr 16, 2013
    The county has enough in place...... So the county still paying it just not collecting more for it!

bruceh

Dec 22, 2012
    Cecil County
    I thought that I read the County Commissioners proposed (and the Attorney General gave a "blessing") using "regular tax revenues" to fund a "Stormwater Management Fund." Which is better than an additional tax and hopefully will not result in the increase in property taxes.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Since our rain (and snow - and ice) in Garrett County ends up flowing down the Mississippi river I'm thinking we were immune to the rain tax way out here. Shame on me for not being on top of that, but does anyone know if that's the case?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Since our rain (and snow - and ice) in Garrett County ends up flowing down the Mississippi river I'm thinking we were immune to the rain tax way out here. Shame on me for not being on top of that, but does anyone know if that's the case?

I do believe that the Potomac River runs all the way out there.?.

bmonast

Feb 1, 2011
    Gamber, MD
    Here's a quote from Del. Kreb's email today:

Krebs further stated, “The most significant source of pollution in the Chesapeake Bay comes from the Conowingo Dam and the Susquehanna River. The dam and the river contribute 46% of the nitrogen, 26% of the phosphorous and 33% of the sediment that pollute the bay. The General Assembly is working to pass a resolution to urge Congress to OK the U.S. Army Corp of Engineer’s plan to dredge the sediment from behind the dam. Clearly, if we truly want to clean-up the Bay, we have to tackle the largest source of pollution. Taxing the rain on only 13% of the watershed is not the solution.”

This was an eye opener for me. Great work to all who fought this.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    It's my understanding that they already had funds set up to support the drain system and they either increased that amount or got a break on the remaining balance.

None the less it's a win and a slap in the face to the idiots that do not represent/support Western Marylanders, Carroll County, and the eastern shore.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Since we are already paying in too much in county tax, they decided that they would pay it out of the surplus. Reality sets in and you realize that you are still paying it, it's just called something else. Just wait until the dems in Annapolis decide to raise the "rain" tax and you know they will. Democrats have never met a tax they didn't like or couldn't increase, just like they have never seen a dollar they couldn't spend, as long as it's yours.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I do believe that the Potomac River runs all the way out there.?.

Nope:
    Garrett County, Maryland
    The Eastern Continental Divide runs along portions of Backbone Mountain. The western part of the county, drained by the Youghiogheny River, is the only part of Maryland within the Mississippi River drainage basin. All other parts of the county are in the Chesapeake Bay basin.

We're on the western side of the divide. If I go take a leak in the river it'll take it a LONG time to make it to the Chesapeake bay and harm any fish or crab. As if that made sense or mattered to any of the dipshitsky's in Annapolis voting.

Still don't know if the "rain tax" even applies to us out here, but I'll find out.

Gawd I wish this little piece of Marylandistan was actually in WV!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    You lucky dogs. I'm half a mile from the Carroll county line, in the lib capital, Howard, where our county gov rakes its residents in order to be able to offer up our sacrifices to Queen Omalley and lick his sack.

If you think western Howard County is the liberal capital, you should try Montgomery County or Prince Georges County. I came here from Montgomery County and western Howard County is like a conservative paradise for me. Of course, things really are relative. After being here 3 years, my wife and I wonder if we should have moved to Carroll County instead. To make matters worse, she is now working in Frederick instead of Ellicott City. I'm going to try not to think about this, remind myself how much better it is here than Montgomery County, and get on with life.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Is there an information point that collects how much each MD county collects in tax revenue versus how much they receive? I'd like to know which ones outspend their contributions. Please, no anecdotal reactions - just factual data. Thanks.

michaera

Love me some freedom.
    Jan 10, 2014
    If you think western Howard County is the liberal capital, you should try Montgomery County or Prince Georges County. I came here from Montgomery County and western Howard County is like a conservative paradise for me. Of course, things really are relative. After being here 3 years, my wife and I wonder if we should have moved to Carroll County instead. To make matters worse, she is now working in Frederick instead of Ellicott City. I'm going to try not to think about this, remind myself how much better it is here than Montgomery County, and get on with life.

Concur. I grew up in MoCo. Absolutely yuppie central in the western part of the county and middle class in the eastern part. I don't think anyone west of Connecticut Ave has ever seen a firearm.

I live in Columbia now and can undoubtedly say that Howard County is not the liberal arm of the state.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom