Cargill v Garland (5th Circuit Bump Stock Case)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Would they issue a decision, or remand for redecision at CA level in light of changes to Chevron? And didn't GOV try to waive right to deference in anticipation of Chevron undergoing substantial change?
    We have seen this in the past 2A cases like in Bruen. Once the main opinion is issued, all of the similar cases that the SCOTUS granted, released a succint opinion stating see the main opinion like what happened in Bianchi. Even though the SCOTUS ruled in our favor, the 4th CA is definitely dragging their feet.

As for the second question: I do not know.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I could see the court enjoying the 1-2 punch of the fishing cases and Cargill, saying excessive regulations beyond the intent of Congress are bad, and an agency sidestepping Congress's plain text is inconceivable.

Cargill has received an extension until 22 Jan for their response brief. So much for some snow day reading.

Last edited:

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    And the left's perspective

Sent from my SM-T733 using Tapatalk
    I find it amusing that the Leftists of the 60's that didn't trust the government at all, are now so enamored of it that they are asking it to regulate all aspects of life. Truly proof that Liberalism/Leftist ideology is a mental illness.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    I find it amusing that the Leftists of the 60's that didn't trust the government at all, are now so enamored of it that they are asking it to regulate all aspects of life. Truly proof that Liberalism/Leftist ideology is a mental illness.
    This inconsistency confused me for longer than it should have. Despite what they say, they don’t like anyone or anything that doesn’t agree with them completely.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    This inconsistency confused me for longer than it should have. Despite what they say, they don’t like anyone or anything that doesn’t agree with them completely.
    They like it when it is their servant, but should it turn and become their master, what is plan B? Oh, the founders thought of that.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Link for 10am Arguments. Not sure if this is the Live or Post feed...

Link for 10am Arguments. Not sure if this is the Live or Post feed...

Post, the 1st paragraph on the page literally says “The audio recordings of all oral arguments heard by the Supreme Court of the United States are posted on this website on the same day an argument is heard by the Court.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Post, the 1st paragraph on the page literally says “The audio recordings of all oral arguments heard by the Supreme Court of the United States are posted on this website on the same day an argument is heard by the Court.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live streaming now

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    From a technology standpoint, and theory of operation, a bump stock is an incredibly simple device and easy to understand. I don't get the difficulty some have grasping it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom