Cardin's Folly - Sunpapers article ... Hit It !!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Erin Cox at least calls him out as a Democrat -
    Bill to close gun law "loophole" draws fire
    Gun rights advocates dispute Cardin measure to block sales until background checks complete

The bill by Del. Jon S. Cardin, a Baltimore County Democrat, would require that a prospective gun owner's background check be complete before the weapon's sale, transfer or lease, regardless of how long that takes.

The coward couldn't even stick around to shepherd his own bill through because he had to attend his 2014 AG fundraiser ... yeah, like THAT's gonna' happen ...

Cardin did not appear to explain his bill, sending an aide instead. Joshua Greenfield, his legislative director, said by the time the committee got around to his bill he had returned to Baltimore Tuesday evening to pursue his campaign for the Democratic nomination for attorney general.

Comments are open, here's mine ...

A right delayed is a right denied ...

36 states use the FBI's NICS system exclusively and with NO delays or errors. Maryland is among ONLY 4 states to use a 'partial' NICS Point of Contact system where MSP adds 12 additional checks that are error prone and add inordinate delay proven to be a politically manipulated. Besides, CRIMINALS and CRAZIES don't submit to checks, so the alleged 200 who 'slipped through' because the MSP couldn't do their job, wouldn't have been caught anyway.

ref: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/general-information/participation-map

Now, you tell me, where does the problem lie ...

Well, except with gun-grabbing politicians like Del Cardin who looks to score political points in his bid for AG. If we need to fix the MSP background check system, granting them unlimited review time is tantamount to denying a right to a speedy trail, thus violating the 6th Amendment along with the 2nd.

Welcome to the People's Republic of Maryland where Rights are defined by whim and taxes, fees, and bureaucracy are used to bludgeon it's citizens into submission.

WAKE UP MARYLAND !!!

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    This legit is a common sense issue. If MD had NICS zero “illegal” guns would have been released into the streets. We live in 2014, there is absolutely no reason to require a paper trail in order to do this.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Good article, nicely balanced... but oddly enough, it wasn't even Erin Cox writing it!

Correct, Mr H ...

I saw the photo attribution and missed who actually penned it. Either way, maybe the Sun is starting to see their bias ...

Nah, what was I thinking :o

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    We don't support putting guns in the hands of criminals. We do support FFL's performing the NICS check and taking the State Police out of the loop entirely so clowns like O'Malley and Marcus Brown can't play political games. They got sued over this issue and caved on the courthouse steps to allow 8th day release but no FFL NICS check. Any guns that got into the wrong hand are solely because of O'Malley and Brown's political games.

Now let's play a game called replace the noun. Replace handgun with speech. To Speak freely you must fill out and sign a complex form (don't lie or make a mistake, that's a felony); produce photo ID; pay a 10$ fee and you get to wait 7 days.......oh, make that 60 days...........better make it 100 as we're swamped.........oops, make it 160+ days...........

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    9 pages of written testimony, plenty of things to quote and they clip my sentence and finish it themselves...

Here's what I had in my HB 42 written testimony:
    Given the history of the State of Maryland’s inability to effectively disposition regulated firearms applications in a timely manner, and their unwillingness to relinquish the NICS POC to the Point of Sale in the face of a growing backlog combined with the Attorney General’s statement in court that the state has no effective deadline to disposition applications as “Not Disapproved”, this would constitute an immense infringement on the second amendment in this state.

Here's what they reported:
    ..argued in prepared testimony that further delays in processing gun transactions would be "an immense infringement" on citizens' constitutional rights to have weapons.

So now they even have no shame in quoting written testimony either. Last year, slice and dice spoken words. This year, slice and dice written words.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I have been published 12 times in the editorial section. I stopped writing because of their editing antics.

Thank you. Been feeling rotten all day about this, seeing that misleading quote - especially using the "w" word that my NRA instructor would make me put a dollar in the bin while standing over me with the hairy eyeball - and the MSP misleading the legislature about the backlog in their writeup.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Nice.

Now, to follow up this week with a barrage of communications to Cardin, and anyone else who needs to have their hands smacked.

Just kvetching among ourselves isn't doing it!

I'm already on his chit-list and I don't even reside in his district, so ... Sometimes ya' just gotta say ...

"WTF gives you freedom ... freedom brings opportunity ... opportunity makes your future"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom